Cheltenham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wyncote, PA. It has 1,434 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Cheltenham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A313 Students
- A+194 Students
- A-179 Students
- A155 Students
- A+126 Students
- B105 Students
- B73 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+57 Students
- A55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Cheltenham High School
- AAbington Senior High School
- Abington School District, PA
- 341 reviews
- A+Upper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 292 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 141 reviews
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 243 reviews
Cheltenham High School Reviews
Cheltenham High School is a very well rounded school regarding academics, extracurricular activities and involvement into the community. The school has a very good academic system where teachers are really involved in the improvement of students education while also encouraging students to take on many AP courses and extracurricular activities after school. Sports and clubs play a large role in a students life at Cheltenham High School. Most students partake in either a sport, after school club, or both! Both sports and clubs help aid students improve in their hobbies or allow students a time to connect with other students through activities.
Cheltenham High School isn't a bad school. Don't let the news fool you. Most of the teachers at Cheltenham are great. Freshman year, all of my core teachers were excellent. Cheltenham has a great selection of courses, and so many extra curriculars. It's very easy to become involved in different aspects of school! The music program at Cheltenham is amazing. Although I only do orchestra and choir, both teachers (Ms.Hutton and Mr.Hoy), are very friendly and care immensely about their jobs. School also has an amazing theater and performing arts program. Our sports don't always win, but our spirit always does! We have a great robotics program - Cheltenham caters to everyone! And if you want to do something that we don't have, you are given the resources to start it yourself! Students at Cheltenham are also politically active and care about the things going on in our community and the world. The downfall of Cheltenham is the administration. They are frustrating to deal with.
My experiences at Cheltenham were good. I was invloved in thie track and field program for 3 years, then stopped. I have been involved in black student programs, committees, and honors societies for my whole high school career. Cheltenham has always been known for our school spirit, so I love our blue and gold night and the preparation for that! I also love how it helps us come closer as a school. Overall, Cheltenham is a good district and I enjoyed living and going through their schools since elementary school.