Cheltenham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wyncote, PA. It has 1,466 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Cheltenham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-263 Students
- A+156 Students
- A-144 Students
- A136 Students
- A+118 Students
- B+83 Students
- B64 Students
- B+61 Students
- A54 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Cheltenham High School
- AAbington Senior High School
- Abington School District, PA
- 321 reviews
- A+Upper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 271 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 132 reviews
- AUpper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 216 reviews
Cheltenham High School Reviews
My mom went to Cheltenham High School (class of 1990). I just graduated with the class of 2017. Unfortunately the Cheltenham my mom went to isn't the same one that people see today, but Cheltenham still does all the same good things that they did back then. The real Cheltenham has great teachers and hardworking students. We have a nationally recognized student council, a national merit scholar, clubs for racial and gender equality, and award winning sports and arts programs. There are climate problems, but as a community they're being worked on.
My four years at Cheltenham High School were the best . It had such a great atmosphere. The teachers and staff were very welcoming from day one and were almost always there when you need them. The security there is great, I never felt unsafe. It's a very diverse community filled with so many nice people. The only thing is that they changed administration during my junior year which I didn't think was a good move but for the most part everything worked out fine.
The Honors department is top-notch! I got to take tons of challenging AP and Honors classes. Unfortunately, CHS cares way too much about gym class.