Chelsea High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chelsea, MI. It has 846 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Chelsea High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+201 Students
- A189 Students
- B+104 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+79 Students
- B69 Students
- B-48 Students
- A-32 Students
- B31 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Chelsea High School Reviews
Chelsea High School is a wonderful school to attend. The only thing that I would like to see happen is an increase in diversity and culture. CHS is a predominantly white school, therefore the diversity is very low but it does exist!
I really enjoy going to school here - it’s a very tightly knit community. However, the high school has had tremendous losses in the last 5 years, with at least one suicide each year. It’s hard seeing your peers struggle so much. Depression is overwhelming the school and anxiety is always high. There seems to be a tremendous push for academics, which is good, but when you’re one of the only kids in the class who got a C, which is most likely the lowest score you might see here, it doesn’t make you feel good. Other than that Chelsea is pretty normal.
I being a junior at Chelsea High School, I've noticed from their alumni the great preparation Chelsea school district gives you. Teachers are a dedicated to helping their students succeed no matter what it takes. I believe that students that attend Chelsea High School get a better learning experience than surrounding schools because of their lecture passed high school learning which is what colleges are. One thing that needs improvement at Chelsea is its diversity. Chelsea is a 95% caucasian school and most kids in the school has had their whole family attend. Overall I'm happy to say within a year I will be a Chelsea Alumni and knowing that I be prepared for my future