Chelsea High School is an elite, public school located in Chelsea, MI. It has 837 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Chelsea High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+136 Students
- A+126 Students
- B-71 Students
- B+66 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-25 Students
- A+23 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Chelsea High School Reviews
I being a junior at Chelsea High School, I've noticed from their alumni the great preparation Chelsea school district gives you. Teachers are a dedicated to helping their students succeed no matter what it takes. I believe that students that attend Chelsea High School get a better learning experience than surrounding schools because of their lecture passed high school learning which is what colleges are. One thing that needs improvement at Chelsea is its diversity. Chelsea is a 95% caucasian school and most kids in the school has had their whole family attend. Overall I'm happy to say within a year I will be a Chelsea Alumni and knowing that I be prepared for my future
I love how the academics are challenging and really prepare you for college. I wish that we could have a little more diversity because that's always fun but I guess that helps with being in foreign exchange students! Overall I definitely recommend Chelsea high school for people.
I feel that Chelsea High School gave me the best education, opportunities, and tools to succeed I could have asked for. I had amazing teacher who helped me excel not only academically, but also in aspects of my life. The one thing I feel the my community lacks is diversity. In my graduating class of 232 students, only eight represented a race other than Caucasian. Where we are from shapes so much of who we are and I truly wish that I could have had the opportunity in high school to get a better education, not academically, but culturally.