Chelmsford High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Chelmsford, MA. It has 1,479 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Chelmsford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A286 Students
- B+209 Students
- A+162 Students
- A+136 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+105 Students
- B78 Students
- A+77 Students
- A76 Students
- A+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 87 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Chelmsford High School
- A-Littleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, MA
- 59 reviews
- A-Reading Memorial High School
- Reading Public Schools, MA
- 128 reviews
- ANorth Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 132 reviews
- A-North Andover High School
- North Andover Public Schools, MA
- 171 reviews
Chelmsford High School Reviews
Every student always has someone that they can go to when they need someone to talk to or if they’re just looking for guidance. If I had to describe Chelmsford High School in one word, I would use the word community. You will never find another school that has the same sense of community as this school does. Between the faculty and the students, the environment is great!
During my time at CHS, I experienced nothing but positivity and full support from my classmates and teachers. The community at CHS is accepting and I found myself feeling comfortable within my first few weeks of my freshman year. The friends I made during high school were caring and always pushed me to be my best self - some qualities that truly embody the Chelmsford High School community. The music department gave, and still gives, me great joy. The experiences I had as a musician were unique and allowed for me to grow immensely as a musician. Whether it be playing in the all-student pit orchestra, being the marching band's drum major, or performing at jazz concerts, I had the time of my life with my fellow musicians and directors, and made memories I will never forget. One aspect that I'd change about CHS is that they should focus more on the performing arts. CHS emphasizes their sports more, but I feel like both areas are equally talented.
I've had a very good experience at CHS. The teachers are fabulous but the administration isn't the greatest. I've learned a lot from them. I've participated in many different clubs and activities that are all very fun and well supported. The school dances as well as other events are hit or miss, but the teachers really care about us having a great time in and out of school!