Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Cheektowaga High School is an above average, public school located in Cheektowaga, NY. It has 686 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Cheektowaga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus137 Students
- grade C+101 Students
- grade C+54 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade C+38 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Footballs games24%
- Homecoming Week24%
- Ambassador's Volleyball Tournament18%
- Sleepout for the homeless12%
- Soccer games12%
- Volleyball games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,807 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Schools like Cheektowaga High School
- grade CLackawanna High School
- Lackawanna City School District, NY
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 24 reviews
- grade B+Lockport High School
- Lockport City School District, NY
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 156 reviews
- grade BCleveland Hill High School
- Cleveland Hill Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade B+P.S. 212 - Leonardo da Vinci High School
- Buffalo City School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 129 reviews
Cheektowaga High School Reviews
Rating 3.53 out of 5 106 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Cheektowaga Central High School was a lovely place. During my time there, I learned many helpful lessons for the future and had many enjoyable experiences. It is a delightful place where one can make many friends and enjoy their time there. I liked how I could always talk to my teachers or my counselor if I ever needed to speak to someone. They would always give me helpful advice that I took in and used throughout my time there. I hope that anyone who goes there has a great experience like I did and enjoy the atmosphere there as much as I did.
My experience at Cheektowaga is amazing so far, it's nothing but good energy. The teachers actually care about you and want you to succeed. The students are very welcoming and make you feel at home, I am happy I came here my sophomore year!
I’ve been at this school all my life and it is great. Teachers and Administrators honestly care for and go the extra mile for every single person in this school, Cheektowaga Central was always my safe place. Kids in this school are all great and kind, of course there’s gonna be a few mean ones here and there but that’s bound to happen. I’m gonna miss this school and it’s staff so much, looking forward to visiting in a couple years and even sending my own kids here.