Chautauqua Lake Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Mayville, NY. It has 454 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Chautauqua Lake Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-27 Students
- A18 Students
- B17 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A+7 Students
- A7 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Chautauqua Lake Secondary School
- BMaple Grove Junior/Senior High School
- Bemus Point Central School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- B+Southwestern Senior High School
- Southwestern Central School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- A-Fredonia High School
- Fredonia Central School District, NY
- 69 reviews
- CCassadaga Valley Middle/High School
- Cassadaga Valley Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
Chautauqua Lake Secondary School Reviews
My experience at Chautauqua Lake was something I'll remember for the rest of my life. The atmosphere there is amazing, people are always willing to help you out whether it's teachers, or even fellow classmates. People always say the friends you have in elementary school will probably not be the ones you have in hugh school and on into the rest of your life, however, I completely disagree, the people I have grown up with and the friends I have made at this school are countless. My five friends and I have been friends ever since pre-k from going to each other's birthday parties when we were five, to driving each other around goung to sporting events to root on our friends and our schools athletic teams. I have come to realize compared to surrounding schools that our academic departments and the amount of classes we have exceeds many schools around us coming from a small town with very small schools.
If I were able to, I'd go to a school that did not tolerate such close-mindedness as Chautauqua Lake seems to let slide along. Chautauqua Lake Central School is located in a rural area that lacks diversity of all sorts. Most people in the area are Christian and Caucasian. Racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia are clear in the hallways of my school. Education on race, gender, and sexuality could solve many of these widespread issues. Day after day, I watch teachers ignore student's comments. United States History was a shock to me, for my class laughed and made racist remarks throughout the course. I would love for an adult to step up to the plate and educate those around them about biases and social constructs that hurt others--I am waiting for a day of improvement.
I like the many opportunities offered here and the teachers are happy to help you if you are willing to try.