Chattooga High School is a public school located in Summerville, GA. It has 768 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Chattooga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- C+50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+47 Students
- B47 Students
- B-43 Students
- C+42 Students
- B-38 Students
- B+37 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Chattooga High School Reviews
CHS is a flawed but overall decent high school. The campus is unfortunately not kept very clean. Bathrooms are cleaned regularly but you are unable to notice (For example KKK is written in many of the bathroom stalls). The cafeteria food here is horrendous, I'd advise you to bring your own lunch if you are able. In terms of teachers we have some truly gifted instructors that love to teach, but I get the sense that some of them just don't care. I'm mostly enrolled in the advanced/college prep classes. But what I have seen from the general ed teachers is not exactly the best. Thankfully I do feel rather prepared for college, mostly because the dual enrollment English teacher is great. CHS has a lot of potential but overall we could use some serious improvement.
A New school campus has set the tone for the diverse education inside. Over 14 dual enrollment courses, AP courses and a vocational program that is one of top in the state. Chattooga serves students with needs and provides services for all levels of educational success. Athletics are one of top programs in state with state playoffs in football, softball, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, track/field and more.
At Chattooga High School, I truly believe you get out what you put in. If you want to take difficult classes you have that option and if you want to take the easiest possible classes, you can do that as well. In my experience, all of the teachers are friendly and are willing to talk about anything, which helps boost the educational experience and allows students to be mentored. There is not a large amount of clubs to be involved in, but there are enough that I believe anyone would be able to find something to suit one of their interests. The school building was just built a few years ago and is very nice. Finally, the school administration stresses how much they care and love all the students which I truly believe to be sincere.