Chattahoochee High School is a top rated, public school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 1,953 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Chattahoochee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+525 Students
- B+328 Students
- A+244 Students
- B201 Students
- A+171 Students
- B+138 Students
- B104 Students
- A-95 Students
- B91 Students
- A91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.52 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.52 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 194 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.91 responses
Chattahoochee High School Reviews
I think all together Chattahoochee Highschool is a great schoolboy. I felt a loving sense of community, and openness there. The principal I had for 3 years, Tim Corrigan, was fantastic! He really knew how to interact with the students and made them feel comfortable. He was really involved in what we did and truly listened to what we had to say. Some things I would have to criticize, is the use of technology, I love using technology, but it would be nice to have the option of not using it, specially when it comes to test or quizzes. Lastly I would have to criticize the process with Dual Enrollment, Teacher Assisant, and Work Based Learning with the school. This year it was super unorganized and very confusing. With Dual Enrollment, I think students can use more guidance. I felt like there was a major lack of communication when it comes to those 3 things. Other than that, Chattahoochee has been my home for 4 years and I would not want it another way.
My experience at Chattahoochee High School has been a great one! I transferred to Chattahoochee High School from Seaholm High School in Birmingham, Michigan at the start of my Junior year in high school. I started my study of architecture, and I completed my study of Mandarin Chinese at Seaholm. So, I was very apprehensive about moving to a new state and a new school, but my Mom had a better job opportunity in Georgia. Chattahoochee welcomed me as a new student, making the transition much easier. I have been able to continue my study of architecture and take an acoustic guitar class. I have made some great friends. The staff and teachers are awesome! My architecture teacher, Mr. Mervich has helped me to significantly improve my architecture skills. I would recommend Chattahoochee to any student who wants to be in a friendly, diverse environment with excellent academic and artistic opportunities.
Chattahoochee high school is a great school to attend. The teachers really care about the students. Each class prepares the students for classes that they will have college. As far as a councilors, they are always ready to help the students out and keep them on track towards graduation. The honors and advanced placement classes are challenging yet engaging. Even though some of the classes are challenging, Chattahoochee still has very high test averages and prepare students for things such as the SATs, ACTs, and college. There are a lot of club activities, resources, and sports programs available to the students.