Chattahoochee High School is an elite, public school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 1,879 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Chattahoochee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+430 Students
- B+266 Students
- A+205 Students
- B164 Students
- A+136 Students
- B+113 Students
- B+81 Students
- B75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 181 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.83 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
Chattahoochee High School Reviews
My experience at Chattahoochee High School has been a great one! I transferred to Chattahoochee High School from Seaholm High School in Birmingham, Michigan at the start of my Junior year in high school. I started my study of architecture, and I completed my study of Mandarin Chinese at Seaholm. So, I was very apprehensive about moving to a new state and a new school, but my Mom had a better job opportunity in Georgia. Chattahoochee welcomed me as a new student, making the transition much easier. I have been able to continue my study of architecture and take an acoustic guitar class. I have made some great friends. The staff and teachers are awesome! My architecture teacher, Mr. Mervich has helped me to significantly improve my architecture skills. I would recommend Chattahoochee to any student who wants to be in a friendly, diverse environment with excellent academic and artistic opportunities.
Truly a great learning environment and full of great opportunities, if you take them! Many feel that this school does not set them up for success but I thoroughly oppose that. They have fantastic and well-trained faculty and extremely kind staff here. I have found many friends in some of the teachers here. Their arts program is expanding and their sports teams are undefeated!
I've been in Chattahoochee High School for about three and a half years now and one thing I can say about this school is this: this school has allowed me to not only have fun but make the best friends ever. The teachers are amazing and more than willing to help students. The principal, Tim Corrigan, is amazing and interacts with students daily. The counselors are great and get back to the students very quickly. Not only can you maintain friendships with people your age but even with teachers. Everyone in Chattahoochee is efficient and makes sure to give their all into everything they do, motivating me to do the same. One new addition to the Chattahoochee life style has been "Furry Friday" where one of the counselors brings her therapy dog to school. Hudson, the therapy dog, helps everyone distress and visits as many people as he can. Chattahoochee High School has provided me with one of the most memorable high school experiences ever and I am grateful for that.