Chatham Charter School Reviews

Absolutely terrible. We pulled our child out due to bullying by a teacher! My other child was bullied by students and nothing was done. When I would address these issues, administrators would not even attempt to understand the issue at hand. I thought when we were accepted to attend, this was the best decision we could have made for our children. Their focus is on top notch grades and if a child is struggling, they will make it difficult on the child and therefore, it’s their way of pushing you out of the school. Because a struggling child only brings their test scores down and they definitely do not want that! The best decision we ever made was taking our children out of this toxic environment.
It is pretty good overall. Sometimes there are things that are done that I don’t like but every school is like that. It is a rigorous school in the level of work load. We have everything from k-12 and small class sizes so everyone knows everyone in the school. It is often more of a community than most other schools for this reason. This school is better than others that people are willing to help each other in all areas. I help tutor other people at times. In bad situations the students all band together to help people out as well. Overall it is a pretty good school.
I love Chatham Charter. I have been there since my freshman year and I have met my best friends there. Since the classes are small, you really connect with the other students and your teachers. I know I can always go to my teachers when I have an issue because they always down to talk. The college credits provided are amazing and really prepare you for the college life. We have just about every sports team besides football at our school. I absolutely love Charter and wouldn’t change schools for anything.
Start Your Review of Chatham Charter School
I have been at Chatham Charter School since I was in Kindergarten and I can say that one, I had a great experience with connecting with students and teachers, and two, I feel that the school has given me all the tools that I need to be fully prepared for college.
One of my favorite things about my school is the challenging learning environment it provides. My previous school did not stimulate my intellectually, but Chatham Charter does. The reason this school is not 5 stars, though, is the fact that our school is not as diverse or as inclusive of others as it could be.
I've been at Chatham Charter since kindergarten. I met my best friend and we have been friends for 12 years now. For the most part, all the teachers are good, they are very nice and they really do care. Also, we have small classes, the largest class you'll have in about 25, the smallest about 5. We have a junior beta club (middle school) and beta club (high school). We have many sports, such as basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, volleyball, tennis, cross country, and wrestling. We do not have a uniform but we do have a dress code. We don't have a real cafeteria, which I really wish we did, but we do an order for different restaurants like Elizabeth's Pizza, Dominos, and Chick-Fil-A. Also, for Juniors and Seniors, you are allowed to go off campus to eat. Lastly, another really awesome thing about Charter is that we do duel-enrolled classes with CCCC, and credits that we can transfer to future colleges.
I really appreciate having the opportunity to take college classes before graduating high school. Although it can be challenging, spending the extra time to get college credits really is worth it.
I couldn't have picked a better school to go to because this school has been the best thing for me. I have been there since kindergarten and I've been a student all this time and it's been amazing the teachers and students couldn't have been better.
Good school to prepare for college at due to dual enrollment classes in Junior and senior year. Small school, so you know everyone, but sports would definitely be better with more students. Lack of some facilities, specifically a soccer and softball field.
I am very proud to be a Chatham Charter Knight! The teachers are very helpful, the environment feels safe, and the class sizes make learning both easy and fun.
Very good for college preparation. Great opportunity to obtain college credit while still in high school. One on one assistance available for anything you need help with.
I like the enabling environment at Chatham Charter. If I had to change anything, I would wish for more clubs and sports.
My children have loved their time at this school. The teachers are loving and caring and want the best for them. No matter their ability and level, the teachers work hard to help all students succeed. My middle schooler loves the sports offered and has had the chance to play a sport every season.
Chatham Charter is an advanced public school. It strives to teach kids the many different aspects of life. Also striving to make sure every student attends college. Overall, a wonderful school with a wonderful opportunity.
I have hated going here for 4 years. The teachers and administrators are just awful. The school has a very clingy atmosphere. If you aren't rich and/or from the country club you are a nobody. Some kids are treated like kings and queens while others are thrown to the curb. Some kids can't keep up with the rigor and college program but there's not really any other options. I decided to leave this school, and I can now say that it was one of the best decisions for myself. I now a attended a public highschool in my county and it's the most happy I've been in 4 years. I love going to a more traditional highschool with football games and homecoming dances. I know some of those things may not seem like a big deal but everyday I was at charter I felt dead inside and I finally feel alive again. I just encourage any parent who is thinking of sending their kids here to ask them if it's what they really want.
Chatham Charter provides a lot of opportunity and the curriculum is challenging. I think the school could offer a bit for guidance and direction when it comes to choosing the right classes to keep a student on track with their future goals, even of the student isn't an A student, that shouldn't stop them form being encouraged to work towards their goals
It is a wonderful school that takes a lot of concideration for student's futures. By preparing them o with college classes their junior and senior years. Overall, I enjoy the school and would not want to go anywhere else.
Start Your Review of Chatham Charter School
Chatham Charter is the best school I have ever attended. From the teachers to the academics it is wonderful and so much different than a public high school. My time as Chatham Charter prepared me for college and also helped me realize the importance of self value. I was helped realize this with the help of the teachers, with the class size being so small you get a lot of one-on-one attention which allows you to succeed easier. I highly recommend Chatham Charter!
Chatham Charter is a very academically focused school, full of many opportunities. Most of my graduating class will be leaving with 30+ credits that transfer to any state college in North Carolina. The school is very small, and sports are not a major part of our pride. Hopefully as the years progress we will gain more sports and a larger community.
Coming from several previous school who were around the same size as Chatham Charter, I am used to the small school atmosphere. Everybody knows everybody! However, this has really been a problem throughout high school. With all the drama that comes with being a teenager, the school lacks any knowledge on how to deal with it. Major scandals go unpunished and students take advantage of it. The school also lacks adequate resources at which the school is growing. There aren't even enough parking places for the 100 drivers we have now. While Chatham Charter did prepare me through strenuous college classes, I feel as though I'm missing out on a high school experience. I have the stress and work load of a college student while being treated like a high school student and given very little freedom. Chatham Charter needs to significantly alter how they treat their students if they want to succeed as a school.