Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Chatfield Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Chatfield, MN. It has 401 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Chatfield Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B26 Students
- A22 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B7 Students
- C+6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Chatfield Secondary School
- B+St. Charles Secondary School
- St. Charles Public School District, MN
- 40 reviews
- BStewartville Senior High School
- Stewartville Public School District, MN
- 101 reviews
- B+Lanesboro High School
- Lanesboro Public School District, MN
- 25 reviews
- BDover-Eyota High School
- Dover-Eyota Public School District, MN
- 21 reviews
Chatfield Secondary School Reviews
For being in a town of under 3,000, Chatfield has been a great high school. There are some really great teachers here, even if not all are great. The teachers really enjoy teaching and it shows. Lots of clubs to get involved in and good coaches for the sports. It is really easy to get involved in many different clubs and sports due to the small size. School workload is perfect. There is a good amount of homework, but not a ridiculous amount. Lunches are not great, but also not terrible. I have not noticed any serious bullying going on. I've always felt safe. The school's always locked and it actually becomes a nuisance, which is not a bad problem. Lots of different class options from automotive literature to production engineering.
My experience at Chatfield High School has definitely been amazing. Although Chatfield is a small school compared to most, having the personal relationship with teachers and other faculty members is definitely an added bonus. At Chatfield you can get the one on one connection and help from each teacher personally which really helps when planning for college! Besides the teachers, the students are all friends which definitely make high school something to cherish! One downfall of Chatfield if we have little to no diversity through the high school. One up side to that is it keeps the students minds open and accepting and really pushes them to see different places. All together Chatfield has taught me great lessons and been a fantastic school for me to spend my time at.
At first glance, Chatfield is a wonderful place to raise your kids and grow your family. However, when you get to the heart of Chatfield High School, you see it for what it is -- a judgmental, bigoted, close-minded prison. My principal always talked about bullying but when I was harassed, he just sat there and nodded his head. Chatfield was a joke and boy am I happy that the joke is over. I'm on to better places and better things.