Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Chaska High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chaska, MN. It has 1,507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Chaska High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A259 Students
- A+121 Students
- B+109 Students
- A106 Students
- B91 Students
- A63 Students
- B56 Students
- A50 Students
- B50 Students
- B-48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Chaska High School
- AChanhassen High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- 289 reviews
- AHopkins Senior High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MN
- 381 reviews
- AMound Westonka High School
- Westonka Public School District, MN
- 71 reviews
- APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- 387 reviews
Chaska High School Reviews
Chaska High's teachers are excellent and truly care about their students, but the administration does not listen to feedback from students, we have a drug problem, and we have ongoing issues with racism and hate speech. Our music program is excellent and I'm involved in both String Orchestra and Wind Symphony. However, recent budget cuts have cut us down to six-period days and the music and theater programs are next in line. There's a very wide variety of available courses and there are online and summer courses available from the neighboring districts. Overall, the teachers and classes are great, and there are a lot of available extracurriculars, but the administration is horrific.
I wish the administration would listen to the concerns and needs of students. Some other things I would like to see change are the school spending more money on things within the school and a new district administration. I believe that our administration needs to change in order to see more success within our district. In the past few years, we spent large sums of money to find a better site for grading to replace one that worked just fine. Now, our administration determined the old grading system was actually better. We spent so much money that could have been spent on improving things in our school that need to be fixed.
Overall, it has been a very good experience at Chaska High School. The teachers, for the most part, are very helpful and know exactly what they are talking about. They know what they need to do to make sure everyone is understanding the material, and they give us all the resources we need to be successful. The atmosphere at CHS is pretty inclusive and there is not much bullying at all. People can feel free to be themselves and that creates a lot of diversity at my school. So for the most part, I have loved my time at Chaska High School!