Charyl Stockwell Academy High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Brighton, MI. It has 459 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Charyl Stockwell Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-16 Students
- B16 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Charyl Stockwell Academy High School
- C+Kensington Woods Schools
- Public School
- Lakeland, MI
- 33 reviews
- CFlexTech High School
- Public School
- Brighton, MI
- 5 reviews
- A-Lakeland High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 196 reviews
- B+South Lyon High School
- South Lyon Community Schools, MI
- 220 reviews
Charyl Stockwell Academy High School Reviews
Charyl Stockwell Predatory Academy is a great school if academics your only focus when it comes to school. CSPA has very high academic standard, students must achieve 3.0 in order to pass classes. Students are required to wear a uniform which can be quite costly but also has benefits as students don't have to worry about keeping up with fashion and trends. Teacher are always doing their best to ensure students are able to meet the schools academic standard and will often use their lunch time to go over questions with students. They do not have a cafeteria so packed lunches are a must. Very limited extracurricular choices as the school is simply to small to do much more. Very prestigious robotic team that has gone to many world championships. It will cost more to attend this school then a traditional public school.
At Charyl Stockwell Preparatory Academy High School, the education you receive is individualized, rich, and utilizes a continuous progress mastery learning model. With a small student to teacher ratio and a conscious community-building effort both between staff and classmates, each student feels as though they are part of a learning family and is safe to have questions and to grow as an academic and as a person. Additionally, CSPA does not focus solely on developing it's student's academic capabilities but also strives to maintain a well-rounded curriculum that develops each students' character by assisting them in goal setting, adhering to positive habits of the mind, and committing to the personal maintenance of healthy character traits. Students are not simply provided with a strong education but are also encouraged to be better PEOPLE, a perhaps even more important aspect of preparation for the world beyond high school.
This school claims to be college preparatory, but students skate by easily. They don't give much homework, the teachers don't understand the material they're teaching themselves, and students get no freedom. College professors don't care if students are on their phones, as long as they're doing well in the class. At CSPA, phones are taken from students even when they have nothing else to be working on and are passing the class with a 4.0.