Charter School of Wilmington Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A245 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A31 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Charter School of Wilmington Reviews
Review Charter School of Wilmington
I really liked CSW. There is a very nurturing, but competitive environment that pushes all students and teachers to do their best. Most of the teachers are also very passionate about the subject they teach, which makes the classes much more interesting. However, the extremely cutthroat and competitive atmosphere can cause stress to plenty of students and can be overwhelming, especially as a freshman.
Charter overall is a wonderful school. I love how the people are all competitive and at the same level. The teachers are great and everyone has your best interest's at heart. There is a nice balance between academics, extracurricular activities, sports, and outside-school events such as Homecoming and Prom. However, I do wish that Charter offered more college preparation. My English class never worked on our Common App essay and we hardly ever were updated regarding news and deadlines from the counselors and administration.
Charter challenges students in a unique atmosphere that cannot be found anywhere else in Delaware. The teaching styles vary throughout the school, but overall the teachers are there to assist the student. The school seems to become more diverse as the years go by. Students do complain about the school lunch, but that is expected when feeding picky teenagers. The school lunches have also been improving as the years go by, but always expect to have an option of pizza because that will never change.