Charlotte Senior High School is a public, magnet school located in Charlotte, MI. It has 760 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A199 Students
- B+126 Students
- B+120 Students
- B117 Students
- B-95 Students
- A+90 Students
- B82 Students
- C+68 Students
- B-51 Students
- B-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Charlotte Senior High School
- CPotterville High School
- Potterville Public Schools, MI
- 35 reviews
- B-Maple Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Maple Valley Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- B-Springport High School
- Springport Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 41 reviews
- CBellevue Junior/Senior High School
- Bellevue Community Schools, MI
- 48 reviews
Charlotte Senior High School Reviews
I have grew up in Charlotte most my life, and it has been nothing but good to me. I appreciate all of my teachers and I know they feel the same way about me. It has let me expand my knowledge, appreciation, and my gratefulness towards Charlotte. Everything I have learned here has applied to real life, and letting me use my toolbox to approach new obstacles. Charlotte has my condolences and my respect for who they are and what they do. GO ORIOLES!
I transferred from Potterville Public Schools to Charlotte High School (CHS) the start of my Freshman year after my parents had gotten divorced. I was completely against the school and I absolutely did not want to be there. My parents made the choice for me and I opposed to their decision every chance I saw. But, over the course of my time at CHS I realized that switching schools was for the better. I realized I had no reason to dislike or hate what the school had to give me. I was even able to participate in my favorite sport and eventually become captain and lead an amazing team swimmers. CHS has offered me so many opportunities to become a great student and one of the greatest attributes, I believe the school has, is that they offer pathways for students. These pathways offered are basically boiled down to a begginers, intermediate, and advanced pathways. My overall experience at Charlotte High School has been, to me, life changing and absolutely and positively wonderful.
I graduated from CHS in 2018 and I had an overall good experience there. I liked almost all of my teachers, made great friends, and had fun playing sports. CHS offers multiple college prep and AP classes, has a great STEM program, and offers duel enrollment through various colleges. The fine arts at CHS is one of the best in the state. Some downsides to CHS however were the athletics, higher up administration, and the daily schedule. CHS athletics are in the rebuilding process and will hopefully get back up to speed. The school board has undergone major changes and is disorganized. Classes are super long as there are only 5 class periods and only 4 minutes between each class. In short, CHS is a good place to learn but athletics and administration lacks.