Charlestown High School is a public, magnet school located in Charlestown, MA. It has 867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Charlestown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+93 Students
- A73 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+54 Students
- B-49 Students
- B-43 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Charlestown High School Reviews
Great teachers and developing performing arts department. The band, chorus and theater classes and after school activities are great!
I started at this school very late, my senior year, in fact. I was not exactly excited to go to a new school. But the teachers and students do a lot to welcome new students and help make them feel like they have always been part of the community. The diversity is very interesting, even earning a Diversity day that is all about learning about others. There are specific and special classes to help you get ready for college and counselors who make it their job to fulfill your future after leaving high school.
The teachers are very helpful, they help students reach their potentials. They make sure that the students understand the lesson before moving on.The administrators as well are very encouraging, they encourage students to go to class and further their education. Although it's a progressing school, they lack resources and funding. The school would be better without the reputation previous peers put upon it. In conclusion, the school is a great learning environment and need funding.