Charles W. Baker High School is a highly rated, public school located in Baldwinsville, NY. It has 1,382 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Charles W. Baker High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- A-121 Students
- A-104 Students
- B88 Students
- B85 Students
- A-84 Students
- C83 Students
- B80 Students
- A+78 Students
- A-73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Charles W. Baker High School
- A-Westhill High School
- Westhill Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A-East Syracuse Minoa Central High School
- East Syracuse Minoa Central School District, NY
- 123 reviews
- A-Marcellus High School
- Marcellus Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- AWest Genesee Senior High School
- West Genesee Central School District, NY
- 132 reviews
Charles W. Baker High School Reviews
Overall a good experience, a great place to be! The teachers( for the most part) are great and truly care about their students. The sports are awesome along with the clubs. The diversity is lacking, but that is just due to the surrounding area. The school could do more to make the environment safer and to also hear kids opinions. Sometimes it feels like administration only cares what adults think about the system which can be frustrating at times.
I have been a student at Baker High School for the past three years, and have been in the district for all of my schooling years. At Baker, the teachers are really open to making themselves available to help each individual student throughout the day and after school. We also have great resources, such as the career resource center. The CRC has information about college, military, trade schools and more. I have frequently been going to the CRC throughout my three years at Baker. The staff there has helped me through the college process and more. I also really enjoy our athletics. I have played four different school sports and I have enjoyed each one of them. All of the coaches want to make the players feel the need to improve and help them get there. I consider Baldwinsville the have one of the best athletics programs in CNY. Every student supports each other at different sporting events and there is always a positive attitude, no matter the outcome.
Overall, I have had a positive experience at Baker High School. I have liked the teachers. Also, there are a variety of course options for students and I was able to earn several college credits while still in high school. This will be beneficial when I start my college career. I also feel that the courses I have taken are getting me ready for college. In addition to academics, Baker High School has strong sports programs. Their teams often go far in the post season. We have an excellent music program that has participated in both the Macy's Parade and Rose Bowl Parade. There are some things that could improve. I would like more variety in the after school clubs that are offered.