Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Charles Henderson High School is a public school located in Troy, AL. It has 588 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Charles Henderson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B193 Students
- grade A99 Students
- grade A97 Students
- grade A minus77 Students
- grade B76 Students
- grade C minus41 Students
- grade C+30 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade C28 Students
- grade B27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Pep Rallies28%
- Band competitions11%
- Homecoming week bonfire11%
- Soccer tournaments11%
- Annual theater class production6%
- culinary arts events6%
- Football games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,295 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Charles Henderson High School
Charles Henderson High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 79 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As a junior at Charles Henderson High School I have had a lot of experiences at this school. The teachers are absolutely amazing and will work with you for the grade you expect for yourself. CHHS offers college prep classes and offers dual enrollment at not only Troy University but ESCC also! Very diverse and very good sports/ arts program. The administrative staff has tried their absolute best to increase and help our GPA's and ACT scores while also boosting our self confidence.
The faculty of CHHS is lovely, but I feel that some of the academics and the peers leave a little to be desired. Ultimately, it feels like the school is just trying to ensure that everyone graduates - which means that not every kid gets what they actually need academically, recreationally, or emotionally. There was also frequent discipline problems that just cycled, rather than ever resolving the behavior. The school got a new principle though, and I think she was on her way to fixing many of these issues prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. I no longer attend in person, so I can't speak to the state of the school in such a sense, but I've received a great education through my online classes as facilitated by the school.
Charles Henderson High School has many valuable resources for students, including the opportunity for dual enrollment, as CHHS is across the street from Troy University. However, students should be wary of classes taught by coaches, for these do not always encourage students to live up to their potentials.