Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Charles Drew Charter School Junior Academy/Senior Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 833 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Charles Drew Charter School Junior Academy/Senior Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+24 Students
- C+23 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+18 Students
- B+18 Students
- B-18 Students
- B17 Students
- B+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Charles Drew Charter School Junior Academy/Senior Academy Reviews
My experience at Charles R Drew Charter School has been interesting. Drew has a different school culture and focuses than most schools. Drew has given me a unique and more technology integrated way of learning, which is different from most. My school is diverse which is beneficial to the present 21-century changing workforce. Drew has explored me to different projects and activities to explore different types of teaching. Since, Drew is a S.T.E.A.M and a Project-Based Learning school classes offered to show me a connection between two subjects before this, the connection was not clear. One of the many I like are the different clubs offered and the variety. One thing I want to see change at Drew is the environment. Our environment at Drew can be chaotic at times. The last thing I would like to see change is for the students to have a more positive behavior and mindset.
My experience at Drew Charter school was decent overall. I am currently a senior, and I have been enrolled since the 3rd grade. Because the small's non-traditional overall size and small number of new students every year, it's like I've grown up with the same people all of my life. While I wish that I was exposed to a variety of peers, Drew could be considered a family for those like me. I believe each student experience is subjective, so the disadvantages of attending may vary. On the other hand, Drew Charter School most likely offers the best education in Atlanta. The academic performance of the students is always increasing, and the school ranks #1 in Atlanta Public Schools regarding, education, performance, and opportunity. The high school truly focuses on college readiness for all students and wants every student to be accepted into college; You will not find anything similar to that at other high schools.
Drew is a nice school. It is very appealing on the outside with its glass windows and bricks. Even on the inside it has rolling desks that other schools don't have access to. Also, the college readiness crew is a big asset as it prepares a lot of us to get ready for our future. Things I would improve is the diversity and environment amongst the students because it tends to get toxic extremely fast.