Chariton High School is a public school located in Chariton, IA. It has 419 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Chariton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- A51 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B20 Students
- A19 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Chariton High School Reviews
Chariton High school was a great experience for me in many ways. First of all, this school gave me enough knowledge that I needed to know for college. The teachers were usually always willing to help me understand something that was hard and respected me. Chariton High School even offered college classes for free. Next, if you are different from everyone (clothes wise, disability) no-body will put you down. Almost everyone in this school was respectful to me even if I dressed different. But if someone is annoying, rude and disrespectful, they should not expect any better from these students. But, I would like some things changed. I would really like it if the teachings of the Bible were taught in this school. Overall, I enjoyed Chariton High School and recommend it to any one who would ask.
Overall, a positive experience. I miss high school now that I’m out. Mostly good/great teachers with some not-so-great ones sprinkled in. You get to choose most of your classes so the workload/difficulty is really up to the student.
This is my first year in Chariton High School, but it's been one of the best years. We have wonderful teacher who will sit down and go at your pase. They help with all they can, and won't give up even if you do. I also love how we have many choices for our classes and how much control we have, but I feel like we could have more classes at your fingertips but the school doesn't offer them. Our school food has many choices but the main meal isn't very good we have fake food in my opinion. Sometimes you will get a rotten orange or dry out rice but they do have many choices we have cooks choice then the cold served food and then a hot bar. What one of biggest pet peeves about your school is that we can get milk with just regular price but if we want water it costs extra. So Chariton High School has its pros and cons but all in all it's a good school that cares about their students