Chariho High School is an above average, public school located in Wood River Junction, RI. It has 1,090 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Chariho High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B257 Students
- B-99 Students
- C67 Students
- B-65 Students
- A+53 Students
- A52 Students
- A51 Students
- B49 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Chariho High School
- NGThe RYSE School
- Chariho Regional School District, RI
- 2 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- North Stonington School District, CT
- 49 reviews
- B-Coventry High School
- Coventry Public Schools, RI
- 232 reviews
- BWesterly High School
- Westerly Public Schools, RI
- 144 reviews
Chariho High School Reviews
Chariho High School has many options for all students. For example, not only is it a high school it is also a career and technical education center having over 20 programs and pathways within that center. At this center, you have many hands-on opportunities in addition to all regular academic classes. The school also has many AP classes and EEP class opportunities to earn college credit. As well as a program where in high school you can earn enough credits to enter CCRI as a Sophmore. Furthermore, there is an excellent sports program with the majority of sports competing in RIIL division 1 or 2 contests. Finally, there are also clubs for anyone and almost anything allowing the school to fit for almost any child.
I love Chariho because of the teachers and the students who call it their school. I would love to see more communication between the clubs so that it is clear which events belong to which club, but the amount of extracurriculars that are offered are amazing and the drama club is sheer perfection!
I like the sports, the academics and the clubs. Makes you always feel involved! I always feel comfortable coming into school each in everyday and feel excited to learn something new in this environment.