Chardon High School is an above average, public school located in Chardon, OH. It has 984 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Chardon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+150 Students
- B138 Students
- A-113 Students
- B72 Students
- A66 Students
- A-60 Students
- B59 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-49 Students
- A45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Chardon High School
- B+West Geauga High School
- West Geauga Local School District, OH
- 150 reviews
- AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- 93 reviews
- BSouth High School
- Willoughby-Eastlake City School District, OH
- 198 reviews
- B+Perry High School
- Perry Local School District (Perry), OH
- 112 reviews
Chardon High School Reviews
I’m proud to have been able to grow in such a close-knit, supportive high school. The teachers and especially upper administration genuinely care about their students all around- academically, socially, mentally, etc. The support system in this school is incredible; there is something for everything. Everyone is there for each other- no one is on their own. I couldn’t imagine entering my young adulthood anywhere else but Chardon.
Overall I've had a good experience at Chardon schools. The staff are very friendly and for the most part, very understanding. The teachers are great and we learn a lot while we are there. At least the honors kids are pretty prepared for college. However, we really need a new school building because ours is falling apart. It is not working at all for how many students we have now. Also, we have next to no diversity in our school besides the foreign exchange students.
I would like to see the levy for this school pass in the next upcoming year because this school has great spirit but needs some physical work done. The school needs more diversity but during my k-12 years at Chardon I’ve seen it become slightly more diverse. The school has great spirit especially during football season. The school is very sport oriented but it does not exclude academics or clubs and activities. Chardon is a pretty safe school and they take any threatening activity very seriously. Chardon is a very strong school but needs to be updated.