Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Chapmanville Regional High School is a public school located in Chapmanville, WV. It has 730 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Chapmanville Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-180 Students
- A-112 Students
- B67 Students
- C60 Students
- C+58 Students
- A+25 Students
- C-24 Students
- B-21 Students
- C18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Chapmanville Regional High School Reviews
Chapmanville Regional High is mostly focused on sports and not academics, so they need to fix that. Also, the classrooms are not as welcoming as they should be. I conducted a research project where i distributed a questionnaire about how schools contribute to stress in high school students, most of the responses were about the workload and teachers being unfair.
Chapmanville has good teachers in a couple of subjects, the core subjects. However, foreign language classes and even some AP classes have teachers that don't adequately teach the subject matter. One downfall of CRHS is that they don't compete academically other than in Math Field Day. They offer few clubs and organizations. This hurts students when applying for scholarships as most universities looks for students that have achieved many academic awards and honors. They pride themselves in their athletics and this is where they place most of their focus. The students, teachers, and administration are very friendly and welcome any and all students.
Chapmanville Regional High School is a school full of town pride. Sports are heavily supported at this school, more than the academics. The teachers and staff of the school are super supportive of their students and make sure they're trying their best. The teachers strategically make their lesson plans in order for the students to learn and have fun at the same time. I enjoy the effort the teachers put into their jobs.