Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Chaparral High School is a public school located in Anthony, NM. It has 1,082 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Chaparral High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+361 Students
- B207 Students
- B-133 Students
- B-115 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-49 Students
- B49 Students
- B47 Students
- A46 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Chaparral High School
- CGadsden High School
- Gadsden Independent Schools, NM
- 201 reviews
- B-Canutillo High School
- Canutillo Independent School District, TX
- 257 reviews
- C+Irvin High School
- El Paso Independent School District, TX
- 174 reviews
- BAnthony High School
- Anthony Independent School District, TX
- 79 reviews
Chaparral High School Reviews
Personally, my experience at Chaparral High School has not been particularly special. I focus on my academics and I tend to be self-motivated enough that I do not need the advising counselors and teachers should be offering. It saddens me to see students struggle and not know the abundance of resources available to them. Students in this area need more of a push in a certain direction, even if the faculty were to post links and remind students of deadlines would be a blessing.
I absolutely loved it. The teachers really pushed me to be the best that i can be, in the classroom and overall as a person. The 2 years that i played basketball is something that i also enjoyed. We may not have the record that i had expected, but i enjoyed everything aside from that, and the coach believed in me that i could be better player and believed in me more than any other coach that i had did. I enjoyed the people who i met and the office staff were some of the nicest people that i ever had work at a school. It is also definitely a safe school that i felt comfortable attending. It is a school where i know i made the right decision sending any person there, because i know they are safe, and they are learning, with teachers who will push them to be great students. I would like to see them have computers given to students like most of the schools around the country because it would be faster and better, not only for the students, but for the teachers as well.
Chaparral High School is not one of the best schools out there, but it’s not that bad neither. It is a very friendly place for our community and it makes Chaparral stand out. I would like to see a change in the teacher’s and the amount of teacher’s that we have available. Most of our curriculum activities don’t have teacher’s to take care of the class.