Chanute High School is an above average, public school located in Chanute, KS. It has 512 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Chanute High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A58 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-42 Students
- A39 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B-8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Chanute High School Reviews
It was a great school! Good teachers! Amazing staff! But the way the school ran was not always up to par. There were lots of trouble students that were just let go without any sort of consequence. The teachers were great but would choose favorites in the class especially those coaching.
Chanute High School has been a great place to get my high school education. Our school has great facilities and great teachers who care about the students. We have a very diverse school including multiple foreign exchange students each year from all over the world. Our classes are well spread out for different skill levels and offer a ton of electives as well. The one drawback from Chanute High School would be the administration. There has been a different group of administration every year and the do not take student opinions into account as well as they should.
I think the best part about Chanute High School is the teachers and administration. They are able to connect with the students on a personal level as well as maintaining a professional and authoritative status. They are also great at teaching content that is important for students. They often show us that they care about each and every student attending CHS. An example of this is that this Monday, our principle is planning a Thanksgiving dinner for the entire school and paying for it out of his own pocket just because he wants to see the students and teachers come closer together. I, as well as many others, believe it is a great idea. Chanute High School is a great place for quality education.