Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Chanhassen High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chanhassen, MN. It has 1,636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Chanhassen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A307 Students
- grade A+169 Students
- grade A124 Students
- grade A108 Students
- grade B+93 Students
- grade B74 Students
- grade A70 Students
- grade B+56 Students
- grade B+52 Students
- grade A45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 121 responses
- Football games21%
- Singing Valentines16%
- Spirit Week13%
- Homecoming game9%
- Theatre and performing arts events7%
- Clubs and activities7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,662 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 48 responses
Schools like Chanhassen High School
- grade AChaska High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 204 reviews
- grade AMound Westonka High School
- Westonka Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 74 reviews
- grade A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- Rating 4.2 out of 5 610 reviews
- grade A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- Rating 4.02 out of 5 371 reviews
Chanhassen High School Reviews
Rating 4.01 out of 5 293 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Child graduated 2013. First class to go all four years when opened. Can’t say enough about state of art high school facility, technology, excellent teachers, academics/activities and parent involvement. High participation in student activities, graduation and students who pursue secondary learning. Students return to live and start their families in this district. That says alot about school and community!
My Senior year has been very different due to the covid 19 pandemic. Most of the school year has either been online or hybrid model. It’s not the senior year I had hoped for but it’s understandable given the pandemic. Chan high school has great academics and a manageable class size which contributes to the connections I’ve made with friends and teachers. I’ve been in both the fall and winter dance teams all of my years in high school which has been fun, hard work and rewarding. We compete in the hardest section of the state and have had a great program. What I believe the school lacks is diversity. Hopefully, in the future they can redraw school boundaries to include more areas of diversity.
Chanhassen High School is MN grades 9-12 medium-sized public school located in a southwest suburb of Minneapolis-St. Paul. It is small enough that most students know of one another, the class sizes are usually less than 30 and is teacher assistance is readily available. Alternatively, there is a fair amount of diversity and a plethora of academic and extra-curricular activity. The teachers are top-notch and there to help every student be successful and the community is caring and nurturing. There are many different classes and clubs that students can be involved in, and the flexibility offered in school teaches real-life time management skills.