Chanhassen High School is a top rated, public school located in Chanhassen, MN. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Chanhassen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- A+124 Students
- A79 Students
- A76 Students
- B+59 Students
- B48 Students
- A45 Students
- B+42 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 109 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Chanhassen High School
- AChaska High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- 177 reviews
- AMound Westonka High School
- Westonka Public School District, MN
- 63 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 547 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 334 reviews
Chanhassen High School Reviews
I graduated from Chanhassen High School in 2013, being the first class to attend, ninth through twelfth grade. I was anxious, alongside my classmates, to see how the brand new school would be in comparison to Chaska High School, the school our district outgrew. We were all incredibly pleasantly surprised to see the incredible school spirit, amazing teachers, beautiful building and countless activities to be involved in. Although I was not the most studious of students at the time, I look back fondly on those years, as my teachers and all the staff truly cared about me and wanted to see me succeed. I actually am looking to intern at Chanhassen, as a guidance counselor, in hopes of working there one day. I love this school and this district!
I personally loved attending Chanhassen. The environment is very low key and has a safe feel to it. Academics are completely student-oriented and I often felt like none of my time there was "wasted". Students could talk to and/or make arrangments with teachers at any time with a lot of flexibility. There are also many opportunities to seek help in and outside of school which has benefitted my academics a lot. Chanhassen also offers a lot of classes that could kick-start your child for college. Personally, I took a lot of medically based classes that I am now majoring in. I highly recommend Chanhassen High School for both academic, athletic, and student oriented reasons.
At Chanhassen High School, the students are very self driven. The school has implemented a new program in the last four years I've attended. The flextime program allows students to leave the classroom and work on their assignments in newly refurbished areas throughout the school. These areas have designated noise levels that compensate for their location and number of people in each area. This teaches students how to set their own timeline which is a life skill.