Chanhassen High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chanhassen, MN. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Chanhassen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+254 Students
- A+145 Students
- A-101 Students
- A89 Students
- B+73 Students
- B60 Students
- A54 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+45 Students
- A39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 115 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Chanhassen High School
- AChaska High School
- Eastern Carver County Public Schools, MN
- 184 reviews
- AMound Westonka High School
- Westonka Public School District, MN
- 66 reviews
- A+Minnetonka Senior High School
- Minnetonka Public School District, MN
- 569 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 344 reviews
Chanhassen High School Reviews
Child graduated 2013. First class to go all four years when opened. Can’t say enough about state of art high school facility, technology, excellent teachers, academics/activities and parent involvement. High participation in student activities, graduation and students who pursue secondary learning. Students return to live and start their families in this district. That says alot about school and community!
I’ve loved my experience at Chanhassen High School. I’ve found supportive friends, received a valuable and liberating education, and I feel prepared to go to college. The school has always made an effort to not only give it’s students a well rounded education, but also to be there for us when we need support both mentally and academically. Chanhassen High School struggles with affluence rates and racial diversity, and both can be improved upon.
I open enrolled to Chanhassen High School my freshman year to avoid going to Chaska. This school is great for academics and clubs, and I've had great experiences with the teachers. They care about your learning and want to see all their students succeed. One con about Chan is the severe lack of diversity. The majority of the student population is white and more upperclass, making it hard for poorer/POC kids to fit in with their peers. The student body can also be very cliquey, but overall it's a great place to go for college prep.