Champion High School is a public school located in Warren, OH. It has 397 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Champion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B82 Students
- B-68 Students
- A+48 Students
- C35 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-27 Students
- B24 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+19 Students
- A14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Champion High School
- BGirard Senior High School
- Girard City School District, OH
- 43 reviews
- B-James A. Garfield High School
- James A. Garfield Local School District, OH
- 36 reviews
- BMcDonald High School
- McDonald Local School District, OH
- 40 reviews
- C+Newton Falls High School
- Newton Falls Exempted Village School District, OH
- 38 reviews
Champion High School Reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Champion High School. I graduated as Valedictorian in the class of 2015 and highly valued my education. I can honestly say that all of the teachers genuinely care and want to see you succeed. Administration above the principals are wretched, but the principals, specifically John Grabowski, are incredible. I took advantage of every advanced course the school had to offer me. However, when I attended college at The Ohio State University I felt as though I was at a disadvantage. I was not prepared for college and the difficulty level of these courses and the time management and study skill sets needed in order to succeed. College preparation at Champion High can definitely have a greater focus. I had a great high school experience. I was involved in many clubs, sports, and extra curriculars. I do feel as though for the size of our school in number of students, we are doing excellent at providing options to get involved!
Champion High School does an excellent job of preparing for College. The real life experiences and access to College Courses, give you the overall experience. Plus Champion High School always ranks in the top High Schools in Ohio. Our Teachers are top notch and they are always willing to help all of their students. Recently Champion Local Schools has built a new kindergarten through 8th grade school that is a beautiful addition to our schools. My experiences at Champion Local Schools has been wonderful and I look forward to using this knowledge and experiences to succeed and thrive in College.
At Champion High School, I have been given the chance to take College level classes through CCP Credit Plus. This has helped me to ready myself both mentally and academically for what is to come in my future. Additionally, for the most part, my experience with Champion teachers has been very positive. However, I do feel as though our school would benefit from more diversity in both clubs and courses, such as a bigger variety in electives.