COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Our admissions office is working remotely and available to prospective families who are interested in applying to Chaminade. For inquiries and questions for the middle school call (818) 363-8127 or email MGuerra@chaminade.org. For inquiries and questions for the high school call (818) 347-8300 or email GKlee@chaminade.org. We are here to reply to your admissions inquiries!
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Chaminade College Preparatory offers a unique seven-year learning experience through a rigorous academic curriculum and diverse offerings of extra-curricular activities for grades 6 to 12. We prepare students for success in college and beyond while fostering in them deep moral values and a commitment to service that is grounded in the Catholic faith.
With Mary, the mother of Jesus, as our model, our mission is to inspire young people to love, learn and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+330 Students
- A+297 Students
- A+224 Students
- A203 Students
- A+190 Students
- A182 Students
- A179 Students
- A151 Students
- A-150 Students
- A-145 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
- Football games18%
- Drama productions12%
- Basketball games9%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Chaminade College Preparatory Reviews
academics: They have very exploratory teachers in classes. Teachers often asked questions that help students be interactive and contemplative. Most teachers are very qualified to teach and my overall education was good. Although Chaminade has issues with students going in higher levels classes (such as outside summer school classes or dual college enrollment programs). You have to take the class at the school in order for it to count. Both teachers and students have tried to change this policy.
Social feel: In a small school (everyone knows each other for 3-7 years) cliques are expected to form. These cliques (like most other schools) are usually formed by clubs or similar classes so if your kid goes into a club, he/she should be fine. Although, these groupings get more and more clique as years go by and in the end if you don't like feeling boxed in or want more mobility with groups, i suggest a bigger school.