Chamblee Charter High School is an elite, public, charter school located in Chamblee, GA. It has 1,309 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Chamblee Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+423 Students
- B+341 Students
- A+203 Students
- A+194 Students
- B+185 Students
- B152 Students
- A+114 Students
- A96 Students
- A86 Students
- B-81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like Chamblee Charter High School
- A+Walton High School
- Cobb County Schools, GA
- 405 reviews
- A-North Springs High School
- Fulton County Schools, GA
- 422 reviews
- NGIvy Preparatory Academy at Gwinnett
- Public School
- Norcross, GA
- 7 reviews
- ADunwoody High School
- Dekalb County Schools, GA
- 258 reviews
Chamblee Charter High School Reviews
Chamblee Charter High School is a magnet school in Dekalb County that is committed to excellence and encouraging brighter futures for their students. My school has been voted one of the best schools in GA due to our amazing academics, teachers, and administration. We are very diverse and that is something that I really enjoy about my school; I have the chance to have friends of all races. We have a tremendous amount of clubs and activities to choose from, so there's no reason why any of our students shouldn't be involved. One thing that I would like to see change at Chamblee Charter High School, would definitely be the food because it's not the best! Even our vending machines don't have snacks that most students enjoy. Overall, Chamblee Charter High School is an amazing high school that is definitely getting me ready for college and I am so ready to graduate from there in 2018!
Chamblee Charter high school is a wonderful school that is full of diversity in both students and faculty. This school presents students with amazing opportunities and allows them to create their pathway to their future career. IN my own experience, I love the opportunity that Chamblee High gives for their AP classes. I also enjoy the interactions that the students have with each other no matter the grade level. The only thing that I would like for Chamblee high to do for change is have more control on the stress levels of the student. Chamblee Charter High is know as a well academic school. Student do their best to have control on their school work and their outside life, but sometimes it causes for them to stressed and ends up hurting them mentally. If Chamblee has more control on the teachers and the amount of work they give their student, Chamblee could become and even better school.
This school is known as the best school in the county and people often talk about how Chamblee always has the best scores - but you know who gets those test scores? Motivated students. The GPA and the test scores at Chamblee have nothing to do with good teachers. The students at Chamblee are high achievers and thus have a drive within themselves to get good scores. The teachers have gotten lazy and simply leverage themselves off of that. Class time is often wasted doing nothing!