Chamblee Charter High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Chamblee, GA. It has 1,651 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Chamblee Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+509 Students
- B417 Students
- A+251 Students
- A+239 Students
- B+207 Students
- B173 Students
- A+128 Students
- A118 Students
- C+102 Students
- A101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Chamblee Charter High School Reviews
Opportunity, diversity, inclusion and rigorous academics describe Chamblee Charter High School. Since 9th grade I have strived to compete with classmates form varying backgrounds and claim my place in bulldog history. In additional to competition, our teachers promote inclusion and collaboration. Thorough my experiences I know that one day I will become a self-sufficient productive member of society. The only change I would make about my school would be to provide more access to students who are not able to attend due to the attendance lottery. All students deserve an opportunity for great teaching and learning!
One of the best things Chamblee has to offer is diversity, it brings in students from all over Dekalb and from many different backgrounds. The worst thing at Chamblee is the social environment, it is extremely competitive. Last year was the first time that we had not had a suicide. The counseling department needs to be more engaged with it's student body, especially when it comes to schedules.Teachers are engaging & you can tell most of the are passionate about their subjects. I wish that Chamblee would realize that not every student is going to want to take STEM AP classes. We have limited AP options for students that have strengths in history, art, English, & language.
Chamblee Charter High School is a magnet school in Dekalb County that is committed to excellence and encouraging brighter futures for their students. My school has been voted one of the best schools in GA due to our amazing academics, teachers, and administration. We are very diverse and that is something that I really enjoy about my school; I have the chance to have friends of all races. We have a tremendous amount of clubs and activities to choose from, so there's no reason why any of our students shouldn't be involved. One thing that I would like to see change at Chamblee Charter High School, would definitely be the food because it's not the best! Even our vending machines don't have snacks that most students enjoy. Overall, Chamblee Charter High School is an amazing high school that is definitely getting me ready for college and I am so ready to graduate from there in 2018!