Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Chamberlain High School is a public school located in Chamberlain, SD. It has 256 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Chamberlain High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+40 Students
- B36 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Chamberlain High School Reviews
My experience with Chamberlain High School was not a very good one. The teachers were all very lenient in missing work, making it hard to prepare yourself for college. Sometimes it feels like the teachers don't care about the students or how they are doing and succeeding or not, rather they just want to give us the materials and sit at the desk without being bothered. My junior year I took the required chemistry class and the teacher often didn't know the topic she was teaching, sometimes making us have to relearn things or learn on our own before the tests. Although as a senior, the Government teacher became the new principal and things have really started to improve.
Chamberlain High School is highly diverse in its academics and extracarriculars. I have personally received a good education for the staff and the district. The staff works hard to push students to success and are excellent in making their students feel comfortable and accepted. Chamberlain High School's fine arts program is one of the best in the area. Overall, as a CHS senior, I enjoyed my time in the district and it was made worthwhile!
I have went to Chamberlain High School for all four years. The teachers have been great helping students get what they need to succeed. Teachers also do a good job at preparing students for either college life, or for simply going straight into the job field after graduation.