Century High School is a highly rated, public school located in Pocatello, ID. It has 1,209 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Century High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-552 Students
- B240 Students
- A181 Students
- B+181 Students
- A-170 Students
- B103 Students
- B+103 Students
- A+83 Students
- B-83 Students
- A+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Century High School Reviews
I loved the effort put in by teachers and staff to help further the learning of the students there! They would listen to any concerns and helped students to overcome challenges. Overall they were very high in their expectations, and while this does push students to achieve high standards, this could also have driven student away and made them feel incapable. I think this is something that Century High School should think about.
Century High School is very friendly and everyone is very outgoing. We all love to make conversation and find any way possible to include everyone. As well as the environment, our teachers and classes are also great! They push us to our hardest and don't take any excuses. It has prepared me for college in a way where I was not babied and I am ready for the harsh environment that college might have. I am sad to leave this school when I graduate, but I will never forget what I have learned here.
In my little town of Pocatello, out of the three high schools, Century High School is the best. Now, you might say I'm biased, but the most important part of high school is the academics and college preparedness. This is why Century is so amazing. They offer so many Advanced Placement and Dual Credit classes to help you jump start your college career. The administration is also always willing to help with anything college related. Every year we make it onto the best high school list in America. Now that's saying something!