Century High School
- POCATELLO, ID
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Century High School is a highly rated, public school located in POCATELLO, ID. It has 1,250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Century High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus619 Students
- grade B269 Students
- grade A206 Students
- grade B+201 Students
- grade B+192 Students
- grade B123 Students
- grade B+120 Students
- grade A97 Students
- grade A95 Students
- grade B minus90 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Century High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 106 responses
- Football games18%
- The homecoming assembly18%
- Century Round-Up!14%
- Concerts and plays12%
- Spirit week12%
- Celebrating State Champions11%
- Drama competition at the school every year6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,089 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 56 responses
Schools like Century High School
Century High School Reviews
Rating 3.99 out of 5 353 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Honestly my experience at Century has been pretty awesome! As far as the academics part goes, I've had so many opportunities to push myself. By the time I graduate this year, I will have most of my generals for in-state schools finished which is a definite plus. It's been fun as well as challenging; there are a huge amount of ways to get involved, more clubs, organizations, and groups than I can even name. And they're fun! There's an ASL group, Future Teachers group, there are plays and competitions and of course lots of sports, whatever you do there is a way to be a part of something at the school. The only thing I'd say we could improve upon is having a little more school spirit. Don't misunderstand, we scream and cheer at sports events just like everyone else, but CHS doesn't have as many long-standing school traditions as other schools. But as the years progress, I'm sure we'll end up with just as many as the rest. And in the meantime, Century is still a pretty great place to be.
At Century High School, the teachers are very helpful! They always make their best efforts to help you achieve what you want. They are accepting of all students and never turn away the chance to help students. The only concern I have at Century and Pocatello/Chubbuck School District 25 in general is how they test their students. Testing seemed like a lot of pressure and the environment was bit challenging to focus at times. For people like me with testing anxiety, it is very had to test with several other students and see them all finishing. The quietness of the environment and the anxiety combined to give me some trouble, and the school was not the best at helping myself out with that.
My experience at Century has been great! The teachers there are fantastic and are always willing to help. Furthermore, Century offers numerous AP courses and dual enrollment courses that challege me and encourage me to push myself to achieve good results.