Centralia High School
- CENTRALIA, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Centralia High School is a public school located in CENTRALIA, IL. It has 874 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Centralia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+130 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade B80 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade B+30 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B+22 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Centralia High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responses
- May Fete25%
- Cheer for the spirit stick24%
- Spirit Week7%
- Week before christmas break7%
- Specialized learning like AP History5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
No data available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Centralia High School
- grade C+Carlyle High School
- Carlyle Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade B minusSalem Community High School
- Public School
- SALEM, IL
- Rating 2.88 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade CSandoval Senior High School
- Sandoval Community Unit School District No. 501, IL
- Rating 4.18 out of 5 11 reviews
Centralia High School Reviews
Rating 3.6 out of 5 121 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Centralia High School is a great place to learn and get educated about your future career or to just have fun. I have had such a good time there, even with COVID-19 restrictions. I learn so much everyday that sets me up for my future. The teaches are amazing and so informative, and you actually feel comfortable asking them questions. Don’t even get me started on how good the food is. Safe to say there is no better high school.
At Centralia High School there is an activity for everyone. There are a variety of clubs, sports, after school activities, anything for anyone. They are sure to make everyone feel welcomed and included. Centralia also has teachers than can genuinely care about their students and their lives outside of the classroom. Most of the teachers will help you succeed in the path you'd like to go down. They will help with job opportunities, internships, and check up on you to make sure you are a well fit. As far as something I'd like to see change in is the variety on classes. If you aren't into trade or nursing, there aren't that many classes to take to better prepare for your career. But overall, I would recommend Centralia to anyone who wants a small town high school experience.
Centralia High School is a place where students can be themselves and find friends that help them to succeed. From the first year of high school, the principle tells the students to get involved. Be involved with clubs, sports, and other activities Centralia High School has to offer. Centralia High School offers a diverse amount for sports that include both boys and girls. One girl in my class is involved in both football and wrestling. I feel that most high schools only allow boys to be on those teams, but our high school allows her to practice and play with the boys. One thing that Centralia High School could do to better the school and their activities is to put less focus on football and basketball. They put so much into those two sports and look over most of the other sports they have to offer at Centralia High School. Overall, Centralia High School is a great school that teaches students to be involved in their school.