Central York High School is a highly rated, public school located in York, PA. It has 1,754 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Central York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+199 Students
- A-131 Students
- A121 Students
- B93 Students
- B83 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+63 Students
- A-62 Students
- B61 Students
- B-56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like Central York High School
- ADallastown Area Senior High School
- Dallastown Area School District, PA
- 342 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 115 reviews
- A-Susquehannock High School
- Southern York County School District, PA
- 221 reviews
- AHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- 267 reviews
Central York High School Reviews
Central York High School was an overall great place to attend high school. I actually attended three different high schools, and Central York was by far my favorite. The atmosphere there is great and I consider some of my teachers and staff from there life long friends. There is a great amount of diversity and both academic and athletic clubs/activities are readily available, no matter your interest!
Central is a really diverse and interesting place to go to school. A lot of the teachers manage to keep their subjects interesting and entertaining through many different forms of technology and other techniques. We have very in depth courses such as the TV production class that left me feeling like I had received experience on an actual TV production studio. However, technology is also Centrals downfall as they are constantly updating systems they have set up to make them work better without informing students of changes and ultimately will end up breaking their systems even more. Further more, they refuse to accept student made sign out and sign systems up that work better than the school made systems. Also, they run on a basis of 8 classes per year, but divide them into sets of 4 half the year and 4 the other. That means you might get one at the start of a year and then the same subject next year at the end.
Central provides a lot of educational opportunities for a student that is still in high school. For example, I am interested in pursuing the field of engineering after high school. I have been able to take multiple classes that were related to this career. Some of those classes were very in depth. There are also many opportunities to take classes that will help prepare you for college. You can take AP classes, college in the high school classes, or even dual enrollment classes.