Central York High School is a highly rated, public school located in York, PA. It has 1,832 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Central York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+291 Students
- A-199 Students
- A181 Students
- B-143 Students
- B124 Students
- B99 Students
- A-95 Students
- B94 Students
- C+88 Students
- A+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.74 responses
Schools like Central York High School
- A-Dallastown Area Senior High School
- Dallastown Area School District, PA
- 362 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 130 reviews
- A-Susquehannock High School
- Southern York County School District, PA
- 245 reviews
- A-Hempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- 275 reviews
Central York High School Reviews
The thing I liked most about Central was that our high school gave us the freedom to choose how we learned best in classrooms. We had multiple different options like Apollo, Self-Paced, Online, Project Based Learning, Traditional, AP course, Honors, Dual Enrollment and College in the High School. I also liked that Central has a diverse group of clubs so that there was something for everyone, but if there wasn't a club for you, you could always talk to a teacher about creating a club with your friends and peers. The only thing that I can say I wasn't too fond of was the required days through certain clubs, yes they helped to prepare us for the world but certain kids were comfortable doing activities with certain peer members.
Growing up in the district, I learned to be kind to others and was pushed to challenge myself academically. In terms of social life, CYHS was great and offered SO. MANY opportunities to meet new people and bond over shared interests. Academically, they offered many many choices to customize your learning and helped you navigate every possible option you could take to better prepare for your future. Though Central was not immune to the expected trials and tribulations that come with an American high school, the faculty and staff ensured you always had someone to talk to and made sure you were always safe.
Central York High School is a very diverse school. This school allows many of opportunities of involvement and success. With class sizes of 500 people there are many to make friends with. The sports programs are very successful with great coaching. The academic faculty is some of the best in the state. They offer freedom when branching into areas of interest in academics, while revolving around a base general education. They offer students access to Ipads/computers for personal use while a student at the school.