Central York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+174 Students
- A-110 Students
- A97 Students
- B78 Students
- B75 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+55 Students
- B54 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like Central York High School
- ADallastown Area Senior High School
- Dallastown Area School District, PA
- 341 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 110 reviews
- A-Susquehannock High School
- Southern York County School District, PA
- 213 reviews
- AHempfield Senior High School
- Hempfield School District, PA
- 259 reviews
Central York High School Reviews
Review Central York High School
Central is a really diverse and interesting place to go to school. A lot of the teachers manage to keep their subjects interesting and entertaining through many different forms of technology and other techniques. We have very in depth courses such as the TV production class that left me feeling like I had received experience on an actual TV production studio. However, technology is also Centrals downfall as they are constantly updating systems they have set up to make them work better without informing students of changes and ultimately will end up breaking their systems even more. Further more, they refuse to accept student made sign out and sign systems up that work better than the school made systems. Also, they run on a basis of 8 classes per year, but divide them into sets of 4 half the year and 4 the other. That means you might get one at the start of a year and then the same subject next year at the end.
Central York High School has significantly contributed to my educational and personal growth. I value the numerous clubs that are available such as the National Honors Spanish Society which recognizes hard work. I like how my sense of individuality is encouraged in my English classes and the visual learning in Ecology. Students learn in different ways, thus, it is important that teachers are sensitive to this in the way they teach. Additionally, my friends and I have never felt unsafe in the high school. Central has a caring and intelligent group of teachers and staff like the guidance counselors who help with educational and personal obstacles that I may go through during these teenage years. Last but not least, there are regular, honors, AP, internship, and Dual Enrollment courses students may take. Overall, I appreciate Central York High School's safe environment that has challenged me to develop as a student and individual.
I feel that overall CYHS is determined to create an environment that students feel that they can succeed in. They provide us with our own personal electronic each year to assist with our classes such as iPads and laptops. Also, you feel that the teachers really care about how well you succeed in classes. Some of my favorite teachers have come from the high school, and I know that they would be there for me through anything. However, the real highlight of the school is our officer, Officer Ron. He gets to know students on a personal level and greets you every morning. There is not one person in our school that dislikes him. He gives you jokes to put you in a better mood and makes you feel that you belong. I wouldn't have survived high school without Ron.