Central Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Monaca, PA. It has 679 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Central Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- B58 Students
- A+50 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-28 Students
- B24 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Central Valley High School
- BRiverside High School
- Riverside Beaver County School District, PA
- 53 reviews
- BSouth Side High School
- South Side Area School District, PA
- 54 reviews
- B-Ambridge Area High School
- Ambridge Area School District, PA
- 130 reviews
- C+Freedom Area Senior High School
- Freedom Area School District, PA
- 85 reviews
Central Valley High School Reviews
What I do love about Central Valley High School is their attentiveness to cleanliness (on the surface.) Hallways are generally clean, toilets are pretty alright, and I haven't seen hair in any food yet. There are problems with cockroaches though, especially in the girl's showers near the wellness center. Showers could use maintenance. The most effort they have put into ecological stuff is the Environmental Science classes, I would like to see some more effort put into making the school eco-friendly. Chorus program is sucky. Programs for anyone with mental disabilities are the minimum. Great test scores though.
Great school! Always pleased. Their Music education is top notch along with their marching, concert , and jazz bands.
Central Valley provides us with a great educational experience. The teachers teach us much needed knowledge that can be useful in our college readiness, as well as our future careers. The clubs and activities at Central Valley leave you with a feeling of pride and community!