Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+186 Students
- B83 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-68 Students
- B-62 Students
- B-60 Students
- B+59 Students
- B-51 Students
- B-43 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Central Senior High School Reviews
Review Central Senior High School
What I like about Central is that, it has many academics and it supports you into graduating. Reminders are always helpful through schoology where ever student checks to be updated. What I would like to see change is not just the outside being beautiful, I would like to see the inside beautiful as well. By that I mean, showing posters to try hard, encourage the students. The teachers should help the students much as well and encourage them to do well even if they are the "bad kids." What I hope would really change is do more fun stuff, maybe upgrade the pep rallies to be more interesting. Do more group things so everyone knows eachother, bring them closer to eachother. What I have experienced so far is that, to newcomers they are so welcoming. It's a safe school, the teachers are great at what they're doing but I just expect more.
I love the diversity at Central and how both students and teachers strive to embrace it. As a big school there are definitely problems with conflicts, but that happens at every school. Our teachers work hard to make sure we understand the material and provide supplies themselves if our funding is cut short. You can take basic classes to graduate, lr go above and beyond by taking college level courses in school. Overall, Central is a great place for many different kinds of people to learn.
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Central. All of the staff members and adults working there really cared about the success of each student and made the environment very safe and comfortable for learning. The student body is very diverse and does a good job in teaching students to work with everyone from all different backgrounds. I love the community that comes with going to Central and I always know there is someone I can go to whenever I am in need.