Central Senior High School
- NORWOOD YOUNG AMERICA, MN
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D+
Central Senior High School is a public school located in NORWOOD YOUNG AMERICA, MN. It has 330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Central Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A26 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade A12 Students
- grade C+11 Students
- grade B10 Students
- grade A+10 Students
- grade A9 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Central Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Football games25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,123 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Central Senior High School
- grade BJordan High School
- Jordan Public Schools, MN
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade BWatertown Mayer High School
- Watertown-Mayer Public School District, MN
- Rating 4 out of 5 46 reviews
- grade BGlencoe-Silver Lake Senior High School
- Glencoe-Silver Lake School District, MN
- Rating 3.11 out of 5 56 reviews
- grade B minusSibley East-Arlington Senior High School
- Sibley East School District, MN
- Rating 2.97 out of 5 35 reviews
Central Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 37 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I believe that Central High School was a great environment to grow up into a young adult. There were classes offered to gain college credits while still being in high school. The staff are friendly and truly care about you as a person and not only a student. One thing I truly loved about this school was that there were so many activities to be involved in, even in such a small school. It was a great environment to further my education and become a well rounded person.
You're pretty much paying extra for fries because there's nothing else you can eat. Don't like chicken sandwiches and pizza? Well, that's too bad! You're getting stuck with that for the next 4 years of school.
The opportunities here are endless! With a small town, you can join any club/sport/activity we offer.