701 East Main St
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Central Magnet School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B181 Students
- A-147 Students
- A+100 Students
- B-80 Students
- B58 Students
- B+54 Students
- B48 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+23 Students
- A22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Central Magnet School Reviews
Review Central Magnet School
The teachers at Central Magnet School are fantastic! As with most schools, there are a few teachers now and then who do not put forth the same effort as the others, but overall the teachers and the staff do their best to prepare their classes for college. Each teacher has his/her own teaching style, but they all give their time and energy to helping their students and are always ready to assist on any assignment. The teaching environment at Central Magnet is something that encourages everyone to step outside his/her's comfort zone and be the best he/she can be.
It's a really good learning environment for the most part! Partially depends on the teachers-avoid Bonanno and Ruess. Otherwise, the students and teachers are great! They really push you; you'll be more than ready for college if you can make it through Central.
Most of my teachers at Central were very helpful and effective. I enjoyed the small student body, as well as the smaller campus size. The building itself only had minor issues, like the occasional weird smell in the annex. I especially loved the library, and spent most of my free time there. I appreciated the numerous opportunities and resources that were presented to me at Central, especially the Dual Enrollment and AP classes offered. If I were to change anything about Central, I'd have the Senior Thesis process start sooner. It brought far too much stress for me in my senior year, and I think having both junior and senior year to work on it would have made the experience far more beneficial. Overall, Central is a great school, and I'm proud to have attended.