Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Central Lyon Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Rock Rapids, IA. It has 208 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Central Lyon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- B+22 Students
- A19 Students
- A19 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-15 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Central Lyon Senior High School
- BWest Lyon High School
- West Lyon Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- BLuverne Senior High School
- Luverne Public School District, MN
- 40 reviews
- BBoyden-Hull High School
- Boyden-Hull Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- B+Rock Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Valley Community School District, IA
- 50 reviews
Central Lyon Senior High School Reviews
I really liked how involved all of the teachers are in my academic career along with my athletic career. A small school means that teachers may be multiple sports coaches and or leaders of our extracurricular activities. It is extremely easy to build a bond with a teacher or coach. teachers also do a great job of teaching here at CL. They do not give me my grades easily, but they do encourage me to do my best. Since it is a small school, I have attained having a close-knit class and we have all known each other since kindergarten. Our facilities are one of the best in Northwest Iowa. Our janitors and faculty keep our schools clean and orderly. We also have quite a few clubs to be involved in which have kept me busy during my high school career. Overall, I have had a great high school career.
Something I really liked about Central Lyon was that most of my teachers made themselves readily available for questions. Something that I really found frustrating was the lack of punishment for cheating. It felt very inconsistent, only certain students seemed to be truly punished for it.
I liked the friendly atmosphere, bringing many opportunities iinto my life. The teachers were caring and supportive manking the atmosphere enjoyable.