Central Lee High School is a public school located in Donnellson, IA. It has 327 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Central Lee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- A49 Students
- B48 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Central Lee High School
- BClark County High School
- Clark County R-I School District, MO
- 26 reviews
- B-Warsaw Senior High School
- Warsaw Community Unit School District No. 316, IL
- 25 reviews
- BHamilton Junior/Senior High School
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District No. 328, IL
- 2 reviews
- B-Keokuk High School
- Keokuk Community School District, IA
- 57 reviews
Central Lee High School Reviews
In my two years of attending this school, I’ve felt welcomed by the students and staff alike. I believe that this school has wonderful teachers and a wide variety of resources for students to challenge themselves (such as AP and college courses) and be prepared for higher education. However, I feel like the school really needs to work on informing parents and students about upcoming events and activities. I’ve personally met some students that would have been very excited about certain clubs and events had they known they existed. With that said, I believe that this school has a lot of potential and is heading in the right direction and I hope to see it improve in my last year of high school.
Growing up in the central lee school district, I have attended central lee my whole life. It was a great little small town school where teachers truly care about students and their education. Their academics were some of the highest in the state.
I can't rave about this school enough. Most of the parents don't push their kids super hard when it comes to schoolwork, mainly because the kids have it under control. Show Choir and Football are by far the two most celebrated clubs to join. Almost every parent and kid in school goes to every one of these two groups' events. Our school is pretty unique, seeing as since it's a farm school, there is "Ag Week" where various events go on, including "Drive Your Tractor to School Day." The school is also very involved in the community and vice versa. That's the good thing about having a smaller school. Everyone knows everyone. The only bad thing I can think of, is that the parents in this school blame the principal for everything bad that may happen, regardless if the conflict was within her power to prevent or not. I would hate to go to any other school.