Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Central Lee High School is an above average, public school located in Donnellson, IA. It has 313 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Central Lee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A76 Students
- A60 Students
- B59 Students
- B+53 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+23 Students
- B22 Students
- B15 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Central Lee High School
- B-Clark County High School
- Clark County R-I School District, MO
- 28 reviews
- B-Warsaw Senior High School
- Warsaw Community Unit School District No. 316, IL
- 26 reviews
- BHamilton Junior/Senior High School
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District No. 328, IL
- 3 reviews
- B-Keokuk High School
- Keokuk Community School District, IA
- 58 reviews
Central Lee High School Reviews
Central Lee has been very focused on academics, yet provides opportunities in a large variety of extra-curricular activities. Our family has had the pleasure of being involved in future problem solving, robotics, dance team, football, track, cross country, basketball, band, show choir and color guard. We have also been very involved in National Honor Society, Spanish club, AFS and Science club. I would give them a 5-star rating, but I feel there is always room for improvement. The one thing I would love to see Central Lee improve on is teacher retention, mainly in the music department.
In my two years of attending this school, I’ve felt welcomed by the students and staff alike. I believe that this school has wonderful teachers and a wide variety of resources for students to challenge themselves (such as AP and college courses) and be prepared for higher education. However, I feel like the school really needs to work on informing parents and students about upcoming events and activities. I’ve personally met some students that would have been very excited about certain clubs and events had they known they existed. With that said, I believe that this school has a lot of potential and is heading in the right direction and I hope to see it improve in my last year of high school.
Central Lee High School is interested in the students best interests more than anything. All the way through, teachers and faculty constantly help and guide the students time and time again. Being a small school, the teachers know their students very well and know how to teach individuals.