Central Lake Public Schools is a public school located in Central Lake, MI. It has 281 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Central Lake Public Schools Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
- A12 Students
- B-10 Students
- C10 Students
- A+8 Students
- B+7 Students
- A5 Students
- B-4 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Central Lake Public Schools
- C+Ellsworth Community School
- Ellsworth Community School District, MI
- 16 reviews
- B-East Jordan Middle/High School
- East Jordan Public Schools, MI
- 26 reviews
- B-Bellaire Middle/High School
- Bellaire Public Schools, MI
- 31 reviews
- CMancelona High School
- Mancelona Public Schools, MI
- 50 reviews
Central Lake Public Schools Reviews
Central Lake Schools were a bit of a mixed bag of results when looking back on my years there. Some of the good things would be the teachers, like Ms. Smith and Ms. A among others. But, that's not to say I haven't had some god-awful teachers at Central Lake. The food here has been up and down in quality and quantity over the years. From amazing chicken nuggets to microwaved grilled cheese sandwiches in a bag from the gas station 5 miles away to the amazing flatbread sandwiches and other culinary masterpieces of today's lunch at Central Lake. The people here are alright, but if you don't like small town mentalities and the overall feeling of "Everyone knows everyone, and everything about them", you wouldn't like it here. While I can say I'm graduating on much better terms with the school than I thought I would, I'm looking forward to leaving this small school and town for something more than, and I quote, "This provincial life."
I liked the fact that it was a small school and you got to know everyone on a personal level, I did not, however, appreciate the fact that the teachers were below average. I felt as if I could have obtained more information going to a different school because there are only a handful of good teachers in central lake.
I liked how personable the teachers were and how they were always there to help and stay after to assist with anything anybody needed whether it be with school or life in general. I would really like to see the school set students up for college a little more with how they teach and how things are in colleges rather then in high schools.