Central Junior High School Reviews

It’s a really good school, with the best band program in the area. There is also a fantastic engineering course and many clubs to help students find people who share the interests they have. 10/10 do recommend.
Very large and abundant school with plenty of classes to choose. Unfortunately the school also carries lots of bad reputation with it because it has very reckless and unprofessional students.
The best school ever. 😎😎😎 Orchestra rules😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
Start Your Review of Central Junior High School
I like to the variety of programs they offer such as physics for 9th graders and being the only junior high with an orchestra. I also enjoy being a part of the Mandarin Chinese class from the world languages they offer.
Awful at taking the home lives of its students into consideration. For the first time in my life I experienced depression while I was at Central due to rough and sudden adjustments in my home life. When I went to talk to my counselor about it she told me "Well, 9th grade is just hard." I agree that 9th grade is hard, but Central also makes life hard. I didn't feel that I could talk to any of the adults or teachers at my school with any of my issues, I just had to suffer. They care more about your grades than you as an individual.
I feel like that school administration is giving kids unnecessary sever punishments to prove that they are strict . But in turn their treatment make kids feel like they don't like the school anymore and decrease respect for the staff. Which i feel is not good for the school as well as kids. I would say the teachers are great. Its the administration and their decisions.
Many people do not like pep rallies, and we are forced to attend. I, personally, have never gone to a game in the two years I have been here. I cannot comment any further because I don't use the facilities nor am I in a physical education.
For the most part, students are involved. We do have students that don't complete their work and get 0's. I don't see a lot of peer pressure inside of CJH. Sometimes we are pressured to score high on the DBA's and CBA's, so we can look good compared to the other junior highs. We do have people who use the word "nigga" a lot. I believe it is a discriminating term, and it shouldn't be used in school. People do assume that Asians are smart and they do sometimes make remarks like "you're Asian so you probably got a 100". I think it shouldn't matter on your race or anything you can score bad on a test, you're human.
Our teachers. Honestly it depends on the teacher. Some of our teachers are extremely engaged in our academics and interests and other teachers just seem to be there. All of my teachers have great personalities and teach us the curriculum. Some of my teachers don't actually teach us, we are given worksheets and the textbook and expected to remember information. Other teachers, like my Biology teacher, show us examples, he draws out what is going on, he gives us extra information just in case we do not understand, we go over our tests and learn more efficient ways to take tests, we actually do work that is meaningful and we are provided space and time to learn. I have never not understood something in Biology. Other teachers, give a lecture, and homework everyday. Other teachers, like my Spanish teacher, give us papers to do, then we discuss the papers and pronunciation of the words, and we play fun games that allow us to engage in the topics we are learning. Some teachers put grades in the same day the papers are turned in and other wait until the last minute. Some teachers are understanding to our schedules and others do not. Some of teachers use foul language and some are the nurturing kinds of teachers. Some teachers are tense and others are relaxed and helpful. Some teachers use the boards and we copy down the information and other teachers expect us to understand the information from hearing it once in a video. At the end of the day, we are given the information and it might not be in the best way, but it is still provided. Our teachers are great, but some have attitude issues. I love the amount of education I am provided, in some classes.
We have a lot of clubs and organizations from NJHS, JWAC, Student Council to the sports clubs. I have asked my teacher about starting a Spanish club, because I would love the opportunity to learn more Spanish beyond what the curriculum says.
I believe that bullying happens often in our school. People do not report it as often as it should be. I think that we have gotten better on the traffic in the hallways, but there are still people who run throughout the hallways, and stand in the middle of them.