Central Islip Senior High School
- CENTRAL ISLIP, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Central Islip Senior High School is a public school located in CENTRAL ISLIP, NY. It has 2,372 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Central Islip Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus319 Students
- grade C265 Students
- grade A+186 Students
- grade B130 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade B+116 Students
- grade B106 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade A+86 Students
- grade A71 Students
View Homes Near Central Islip Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade D+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 117 responses
- Pep rally26%
- Football Games7%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 37 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$29,236 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Central Islip Senior High School
- grade B+Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 455 reviews
- grade CWyandanch Memorial High School
- Wyandanch Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B minusBrentwood High School
- Brentwood Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 654 reviews
- grade BNorth Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 229 reviews
Central Islip Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 264 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I am proud to say I attended the Central Islip Senior High School in Long Island, New York. We have amazing teachers who are truly passionate about teaching and care about their students. My favorite thing about our school is how much we embrace our diversity! At Central Islip High School, there is a place for everybody, whether that's in a club or sport- we have it all! Our school is also very involved in helping our community. We held a lot of events and fundraisers that helped families in need for the holidays and also animal shelters. We love giving back! I would describe our school as united, almost family-like. If you ever need anyone to talk to, there are so many teachers and staff to hear you out and help you!
Central Islip High School gives back to you what you put in. If you are a student who doesn't care about what happens to their grade and what classes you take, you'll get the very same energy back. However, if you're a student who constantly pushes themselves to get good grades, to make good connections, to actually achieve something with your time you'll get that back definitely. There are tons of great and smart kids in the school, but it can't be over looked that there are kids who don't want to do anything but don't let that bring down CISH's reputation, it's a school that tries when it wants to, and if you give the effort it will want to.
In my experience, high school has been pretty great. The main reason was my involvement in our music department since it’s such a close knit community. In the department, we sing together, grow together, and as a bonus, go on amazing trips. Academically, those that have been around me tend to be like minded so it was also a supportive atmosphere. What could be changed though is the lack of importance that the music department is beginning to encounter as funding is constantly being cut even though we tend to win competitions nationwide. Also the school tends to be very crowded and hard to make it to class on time due to this. Overall, I recommend this school if you’re someone big on music.