Central Islip Senior High School is a public school located in Central Islip, NY. It has 2,145 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Central Islip Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-248 Students
- C221 Students
- A+157 Students
- B104 Students
- B98 Students
- B+87 Students
- B+75 Students
- A+72 Students
- B69 Students
- A60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Central Islip Senior High School
- A-Patchogue-Medford High School
- Patchogue-Medford Union Free School District, NY
- 422 reviews
- CWyandanch Memorial High School
- Wyandanch Union Free School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- BBrentwood High School
- Brentwood Union Free School District, NY
- 615 reviews
- B+North Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 208 reviews
Central Islip Senior High School Reviews
Central Islip is a home to many. Most of us have been together since elementary if not then middle school. So being able to grow up with familiar faces and seeing them every day in high school made everything a bit better. Who really likes to go to school? Not a lot of students but it’s about how the school is that makes us decide to go everyday. The cafeteria,gym, track and fields outside is one of the most best sightings at this school. Of course I cannot forget our music department, absolutely astonishing. The teachers at this establishment are like our second parents, they actually care and help us move forward. Senior year my English teacher made sure he spent a whole semester on perfecting everyone’s college essay and teaching us right from wrong. I appreciated this school and the wonderful people in it.
Central Islip Senior High school was a a great school to be at. Diversity was a major thing in the school and nobody judge you for who you are. There are a lot of opportunities that they offer and events to be involved in. The academics are good but if those that are having some difficulty with there grades, we have tutors like students and teachers willing to take their time out to help a student after school or manage a time to help. The teachers are great and always trying to look out for the students and make them feel comfortable being here at school.
Central Islip High School did a great job at giving me a head start in college. They paid for my AP exams, and participated in college programs that would give anyone a head start. Personally, I didn’t find the atmosphere to be completely friendly at times— particularly when it came to traveling in the hallways. The school is slightly overpopulated but I suppose I was able to live with it. It just made everything take much longer. Despite the school’s large population, the staff managed to make things run smoothly for the most part. I would recommend this school to someone interested in college readiness.