Central High School is an above average, public school located in San Angelo, TX. It has 2,194 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-501 Students
- A-234 Students
- A+226 Students
- A+155 Students
- B+147 Students
- A126 Students
- B+101 Students
- B91 Students
- A73 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 125 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Central High School
- C+Lake View High School
- San Angelo Independent School District, TX
- 140 reviews
- BGrape Creek High School
- Grape Creek Independent School District, TX
- 78 reviews
- B+Veribest High School
- Veribest Independent School District, TX
- 19 reviews
- AWall High School
- Wall Independent School District, TX
- 127 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Central is a nice school with great spirit. The large student body and various classes creates opportunities to make friends, become involved, and explore your interests. The large campus provides you with more freedom and the mixed classes allow you to easily make friends with people older, younger, or different than you. The school has many dedicated teachers, however, it would be nice to see a the changes in the curriculum of certain classes. Many classes are tied to follow state curriculum that falls short of the needs of the students. I belive it would also be beneficial if students had more access to college preparation help/information.
Schools are a lot like fashion, in that, what may seem great one day may be less greats the next. For a person to keep up with fashion, they need to keep up with current trends and be able to change up their style in an instant. In the same way, a school (teachers and administration) needs to be able to change at any time. What I loved most about Central High School is that everyone, from the students to the teachers and administration, were all able to change at any time to make everyone's experience more safe and more fun. Although there has been some things at school that I personally don't enjoy (some teachers and small groups) simply the fact that others were willing to do their best to make not pleasurable situation turn into memorable times means so much. Central High School's ability to change and try new things and work to make the high school experience more pleasurable are what I loved most about Central High School.
It's a great school, its very big and gives you the feel of a college campus. The principal is great and stays very involved with his students. The teachers are very sweet and are great teachers overall. I look forward to going to school every day, most high school students can't say that, but I can!