Central High School is an above average, public school located in San Angelo, TX. It has 2,262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-573 Students
- A-263 Students
- A+244 Students
- A+181 Students
- B+163 Students
- A139 Students
- B+108 Students
- B99 Students
- A75 Students
- C+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 125 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Central High School
- C+Lake View High School
- San Angelo Independent School District, TX
- 145 reviews
- BGrape Creek High School
- Grape Creek Independent School District, TX
- 80 reviews
- B+Veribest High School
- Veribest Independent School District, TX
- 24 reviews
- A-Wall High School
- Wall Independent School District, TX
- 128 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I graduated back in 2012 at Central High School, I absoutely loved going to school there. I loved all my teachers. The school is super big on sport events and pep rallys. It really gets the student body a chance to feel involved in the school. There was a Lot of diversity in the school as well, which made for tons of friends to hang out with!
I really loved the amount of things you could be involved in at this school, from band, speech and debate, to UIL academics, there was always something to do. I loved the spirit that the school had as well, everyone was always excited and pepped up for activities. One thing i wish that could be changed though was the amount of bullying, there was lots of bullying that was never handled properly.
Central is a nice school with great spirit. The large student body and various classes creates opportunities to make friends, become involved, and explore your interests. The large campus provides you with more freedom and the mixed classes allow you to easily make friends with people older, younger, or different than you. The school has many dedicated teachers, however, it would be nice to see a the changes in the curriculum of certain classes. Many classes are tied to follow state curriculum that falls short of the needs of the students. I belive it would also be beneficial if students had more access to college preparation help/information.