Central High School is a public school located in Pueblo, CO. It has 814 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-146 Students
- B-146 Students
- B80 Students
- C77 Students
- A-69 Students
- A-66 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-45 Students
- C+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Central High School Reviews
My experience at this school has been a really memorable one! At my school our faculty, students, and parents are very involved. If there is any type of event ranging from academics to sports the attendance for our school is amazing. Central has one of the most spirited schools in our valley. Our school is unique because the way people look at Central is the exact opposite of who we are. We aren't this trashy school, we are a school bonded together for the love of our school. If I had to do high school all over again I would definitely go to this school. It has been more than enough for me.
Central is a excellent school for academics and college readiness, it has amazing programs including concurrent enrollment with near by colleges and STEM education, the environment is uplifting during sporting events and the teachers are supportive of the kids and there education.
The experience was fast and it was good I only attended the school for my last year as a senior and I was welcomed and wanted I got some good STS (Senior to Sophomore) classes. But as the year went on I started to Fall out because I was having family problems and started to not make it to school because I had no transportation it was kinda hard to talk to my teachers about what was happening and if i could get help. So after awhile I tried my hardest to get my work done see who can pick me up and take me to school so that I could graduate but some of my teachers didn't know why I was missing school so I started to receive a lot of bad grades but still keep trying to catch up in class but some teachers require you to be in class to pass so it was hard.