Central High School is a public school located in Pollok, TX. It has 445 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-62 Students
- C+48 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+22 Students
- B20 Students
- A19 Students
- A-17 Students
- B15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Central High School
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson Independent School District, TX
- 134 reviews
- C+Wells High School
- Wells Independent School District, TX
- 4 reviews
- C+Apple Springs High School
- Apple Springs Independent School District, TX
- 2 reviews
- C+Diboll High School
- Diboll Independent School District, TX
- 69 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I enjoyed every minute of my education during my 4+ years enrolled at Central High School. The principals and faculty are open and welcoming, and they are always there to help students succeed. Everyone at Central High School and in the community are like a close knit family that love and protect each other.
Central High School has provided my class with endless resources to ensure our future success. We have many on-campus college coaches and counselors that are constantly keeping up with updated scholarship opportunities for us. They have held on-campus clinics such as for the meningitis shot. Our counselors aided us with ACT, SAT, and TSI sign ups our junior and senior years. Our counselor and GEAR UP coordinator even helped us sign up for summer and fall semester classes for college.
The atmosphere of the high school is not very good. There are a few teachers there who genuinely try to focus on teaching students, but mostly the staff is too preoccupied with their own drama to focus on what is best for the students.