Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-587 Students
- A-468 Students
- A+418 Students
- A+317 Students
- A169 Students
- B-124 Students
- B120 Students
- A+104 Students
- B-104 Students
- B+100 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.93 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.93 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 361 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.110 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.143 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.143 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.143 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.166 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.166 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.166 responses
Central High School Reviews
Review Central High School
I do like Central high, but at he same time, the size of each class is extreme! You have to truly stand out or else you are one of the unknown face walking through the halls. I am not someone who stands out, especially with my teachers. I try, but I tend to all my fears to overtake my body and mind. I tend to feel intimidated by the other intelligent students around me. Something I do admire about the school is their variety in cultures and clubs. There's always something that happens in Central, whether it's international day or spots events, school days are always active.
Central High School is probably the most diverse school in the city of Philadelphia and one of the best high schools in the city, if not the state. The staff at Central really focusses on student's future and education goals. As an alumni, I can attest that Central does an outstanding job preparing students for the rigors of college. Central also offers numerous extra-curricular activities, to include many different clubs and sports teams. At CHS, students develop connections and create friendships for life. Central High School is 1 of 48 high schools in the School District of Philadelphia and is ranked 31st within Pennsylvania.
Central High School is currently above my expectations. It includes an extremely diverse community of over 2000, people who truly care for a future, and motivation through challenges, such as the work given. It is a great school, in which everyone is involved. The number of clubs grows each year, and most are student-run, with the students giving it their all although the budget is cut. My favorite experiences include working with the robotics team hours after school. It is a fun, yet academically difficult, school, and I am lucky to have met some great people there! This school pushes you to definitely work hard. It is a challenge helps many grow. This school WILL (and does) prepare many students for college!