Central High School is a public school located in Phenix City, AL. It has 1,276 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A224 Students
- A211 Students
- A-202 Students
- B184 Students
- C-151 Students
- B130 Students
- C119 Students
- B-111 Students
- C-110 Students
- B-99 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Central High School Reviews
Overall, a great and ever improving school. Every year the school board makes changes and improvements that enhance the high school experience. I've established bonds and relationships that cannot be severed. I've learned from teachers who actually care about us students. I learn life lessons and tools fnot included in the curriculum.
Freshman year you are separated from the upperclassman and are treated like babies. It's a completely different experience once you become a sophomore. Also, school officials are very homophobic and controlling.
I like and appreciate the interaction students receive from most teachers and the academic program, and also teachers, provide students with knowledge they wouldn't have received at any other insitute.