Central High School is an above average, public school located in Park Hills, MO. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+62 Students
- B-44 Students
- B37 Students
- A-32 Students
- A21 Students
- B21 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Central High School
- B+Farmington Senior High School
- Farmington R-VII School District, MO
- 134 reviews
- C+North County Senior High School
- North St. Francois County R-I School District, MO
- 87 reviews
- B+West County High School
- West St. Francois County R-IV School District, MO
- 38 reviews
- B-Potosi High School
- Potosi R-III School District, MO
- 45 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I think that this is a good school because it has a policy that keeps student´s grades up. There is not overwhelming amounts of homework given out because the teachers take that in consideration. Something I dislike about this school is that it does not have a soccer team. Our school is large enough for one, even though they claim we are not, yet we will not get one. The major reason is that our school board is afraid it will weaken our football team. They don´t consider that they are not offering the best for the students but the best for the schools reputation.
My school has the best fieldhouse in the entire area including the local college. I am not just saying this because it is my school, it can be proven. My school teams are very good. Our football team was ranked 4th in state and won the District Championship as well as Conference. Our softball team was also successfull. They won both Conference and Districts as well. Our volleyball team were conference champions as well. Our boys basketball team came in 2nd in both the Potosi Tournament and teh Conference Tournament. Our girls basketball team have an amazing record. They have only lost one game. They are Potosi Tournament, Christmas Tournament and Conference Tournament Champions. The wrestling team has been more successful than ever. We had 9 out of 13 wrestlers qualify for the State Championship.
If I could do it all over again, I would still attend Central High School. Out of all of the public schools in the area, CHS is definitely the best choice for a better education.