Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Central High School is an above average, public school located in Park Hills, MO. It has 613 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C82 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade B52 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade A31 Students
- grade B29 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Christmas Tournament21%
- Too much Booty! (Band Chant)14%
- Band concert/maching band competition7%
- Homework with friends7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,559 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Central High School
- grade B+Farmington Senior High School
- Farmington R-VII School District, MO
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 142 reviews
- grade CNorth County Senior High School
- North St. Francois County R-I School District, MO
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 93 reviews
- grade B+West County High School
- West St. Francois County R-IV School District, MO
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade B minusPotosi High School
- Potosi R-III School District, MO
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 46 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Rating 4.28 out of 5 36 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Central is an incredible school. I learned so much in my time there. The faculty and staff are incredible and the atmosphere is unforgettable.
I think that this is a good school because it has a policy that keeps student´s grades up. There is not overwhelming amounts of homework given out because the teachers take that in consideration. Something I dislike about this school is that it does not have a soccer team. Our school is large enough for one, even though they claim we are not, yet we will not get one. The major reason is that our school board is afraid it will weaken our football team. They don´t consider that they are not offering the best for the students but the best for the schools reputation.
My school has the best fieldhouse in the entire area including the local college. I am not just saying this because it is my school, it can be proven. My school teams are very good. Our football team was ranked 4th in state and won the District Championship as well as Conference. Our softball team was also successfull. They won both Conference and Districts as well. Our volleyball team were conference champions as well. Our boys basketball team came in 2nd in both the Potosi Tournament and teh Conference Tournament. Our girls basketball team have an amazing record. They have only lost one game. They are Potosi Tournament, Christmas Tournament and Conference Tournament Champions. The wrestling team has been more successful than ever. We had 9 out of 13 wrestlers qualify for the State Championship.