Central High School
- PAGELAND, SC
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Central High School is a public school located in PAGELAND, SC. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A117 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade A73 Students
- grade B+73 Students
- grade C+69 Students
- grade B68 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade A minus61 Students
- grade B minus50 Students
- grade C+48 Students
View Homes Near Central High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Football Games47%
- Band Competitions13%
- Basketball games13%
- Pep rallies7%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,934 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Central High School
- grade BChesterfield High School
- Chesterfield County School District, SC
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 99 reviews
- grade C+Forest Hills High School
- Union County Public Schools, NC
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 153 reviews
- grade B minusBuford High School
- Lancaster County School District, SC
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 139 reviews
Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.26 out of 5 90 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In Central everyday was about making good choices.Central has a lot of diversity and not just color but abilities.Even though there's a lot of diversity no one is treated differently. In fact, I would see some people standing up for some people who had a lot of diversity. All of that is not just building our vision of being successful but knowing how to live in a community where everything that seems different form one true environment.Central has taught me a lot of things especially about the world.It's taught me what will happen when I'm all grown up like the way the world will be.My overall experience was very good and it has gotten me ready for my life after this.
I can't say that I liked Central, but It did teach me what I need to know. It had many strict policies that varied depending on the student, and the Gifted students were taught better than those who weren't considered Gifted. Granted I was one of the Gifted students, but knowing that my little brother wasn't getting the same teaching criteria as myself on almost a middle school standard things at my school need to be better. I don't care what has to change whether it be the current staff or the policies.
Central High School is overall okay. I like the family and friends I have at Central other than that nothing else. I think funding could really increasing, and that would improve the quality of everything.