Central High School is a public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 1,647 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B495 Students
- A-343 Students
- B285 Students
- C220 Students
- B163 Students
- B-162 Students
- B-140 Students
- A+128 Students
- C-102 Students
- A86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Central High School Reviews
I enjoyed my time at Central “THE” High School. The teachers were absolutely amazing the encouragement and pushed I received to do my best was tremendous. It was great to see how much our principal really cared about our grades. He would see each students report card and make small comments on them to let us know that he wants us to be successful!
While attending Central High, i Was in the honors program here, as well as Dual Enrollment classes. Excellent school if you're serious about learning. The teachers are good, and care about what you get out of their classes & overall care about you outside of the class. Overall, what you as a student put in, is what you'll get out.The administration does a good job of making sure each child is well taken care of. Central is good. Nice part of Midtown Memphis as well. Only thing i would change about the school is to have more activities for the students.
At Central High School, the teachers made me feel like they cared about me and my grades. They have never limited me to any opportunities. The teachers at Central know how to help you learn information even if you are not the brightest student. They help me display my leadership role in the student body and helped me become won of the top students in my class.