Central High School is a public school located in Martinsburg, PA. It has 557 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+34 Students
- A+29 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+21 Students
- A17 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Central High School
- C+Claysburg-Kimmel High School
- Claysburg-Kimmel School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- C+Chestnut Ridge Senior High School
- Chestnut Ridge School District, PA
- 74 reviews
- CWilliamsburg Community Junior/Senior High School
- Williamsburg Community School District, PA
- 20 reviews
- B-Penn Cambria High School
- Penn Cambria School District, PA
- 63 reviews
Central High School Reviews
I think the school really focuses on advancement after high school and that is a good thing. I would like to see the policies change. The controlling rope that the administration holds on the students ruins the atmosphere completely. The administration worries whether or not you have a drink in the hallway, but they completely ignore the constant discrimination of non-white students. The school needs to educate us for the world, not just to pass standardized tests.
I personally have went to Central High School all four years of my high school career and I can say that it is quite an amazing place of education while also maintaining that fun factor everyone dreams of. All of the teachers are well rounded and get the information into your head and have it stick. Now not only that but our school has so many entertaining and fun events. Our lunches is where we lack. I mean they are edible but there is absolutely no flavor. I would rate my school a five out of five because no school can be perfect and I am glad the place where it is lacking is the lunches.
I love all of my teachers at Central High School. They have prepared me for college and for my future adult life. I also have had very good experiences with my teachers they really connect with me and truly want to help me continue my education. Lastly I love marching band, our instructor is very kind and hard working. I would highly recommend anyone to take on marching band it really helps release some energy if you love music and can't play sports.