Central High School is a public school located in Macon, GA. It has 1,143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B214 Students
- A+213 Students
- B+209 Students
- B+176 Students
- C+173 Students
- C147 Students
- C+143 Students
- C+129 Students
- A+125 Students
- B110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 131 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Central High School Reviews
While at Central I participated in all the programs I could! I was in the Theatre magnet program and learned so much! I even had opportunities to start career tracks in technology and business, so I took a few of these classes as well. I also participated in Athletics as a cheerleader all four years there. The things I learned here, I definitely have used in college, but the dual enrollement program they offer would have been exceptional and would have prepared me even more. The school has many oppolrtunities, you just have to stay on them about exposing them.
The IB program at Central High School is supported very strongly by the parents, teachers, and administration. In addition, other advanced academic programs such as AP, dual enrollment, and work based learning is offered. There is the option of French and Spanish for foreign language with native speakers. In addition, we have the highest graduation rate in the county, the lowest arrest rate in the county, and fantastic sports. Our boys and girls basketball teams are regional champions and state qualifiers regularly, our girls track team are regional and state champions, our girls cross country team are regional champions and state qualifiers annually, and our girls soccer team are usually state qualifiers. The only downside are the general education classes where the teachers aren’t as invested as with the higher level coursework.
I attend Central High School for 10th thorough 12th grade and had a different experience each year. First year was okay, a new public school since the school I attend before was a private Christian school. My first experience was average overall with everything. My junior year though maybe was my best year by far made friends, actually enjoyed going to school most days and had a better year. My senior year though was the worst, no type of college readiness that I was looking for and just didn't have a decent senior year or made good memories.